1
   

Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

 
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 07:20 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?
Neither. Only one person has control over your thinking and that is you. Unless, you give control to God or Satan. The thing is God isn't trying to trick you into giving Him control, He asks for you to follow Him for your own good. Satan on the other hand wants to trick you into following him to your destruction.

The question is which one are you giving the power to.


You seem to not recognize that god does a hell of a lot more destroying of innocent lives than Satan.

Why are you following a genocidal and infanticidal moral monster while calling that vile demiurge good?

Stockholm Syndrome perhaps.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 07:21 am
@mystikmind,
mystikmind wrote:

"Satan on the other hand wants to trick you into following him to your destruction."

And that trick is that you dont know your following him!! Your own pride and bitterness and hate are the band, he is the conductor.


No argument on this truth about most Christians.

Regards
DL
mystikmind
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 04:38 pm
@Greatest I am,
"No argument on this truth about most Christians."

That is a cheap shot, you know you are better than that.
(Although If you had said that line in Spain in the 1500's i would have said "ABSOLUTELY").
brianjakub
 
  0  
Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 06:23 pm
@Greatest I am,
When did God destroy innocent lives? Or better yet how can He when all innocent people of goodwill will be resurrected from the dead?
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 01:19 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

When did God destroy innocent lives?


What about when the firstborns were killed during Passover? A lot of them would still have been babies.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 07:06 am
@mystikmind,
mystikmind wrote:

"No argument on this truth about most Christians."

That is a cheap shot, you know you are better than that.
(Although If you had said that line in Spain in the 1500's i would have said "ABSOLUTELY").


I fight evil and will take as many shots at evil as I can. If you do not, you might want to get better.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 07:10 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

When did God destroy innocent lives? Or better yet how can He when all innocent people of goodwill will be resurrected from the dead?


Start with this.

https://vimeo.com/7038401

Jesus said he came to cure the ill and not kill them, yet you see him as killing when he could just as easily cure.

You make Jesus into the moral monster Yahweh is just to maintain your supernaturalstupid thinking position.

Regards
DL
brianjakub
 
  0  
Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 08:32 am
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
Start with this.
Life is a process of learning. Learning from right and wrong learning about good and evil. Ultimately life is about reconciliation with the creator of the universe who will put it all back to perfection. The perfection that man is responsible for screwing up. There would be no death if man had not sinned. Our free will requires to live the process for the experience. Belief in the process that, God himself died on the cross to repair the universe and, erase every pain from the memory of every person of goodwill so that, he who believes in this process whether, they are jew or Gentile, Christian or Muslim,Hindu or Buddhist or atheist is the key to being included in this final covenant That Jesus talked about at the last supper. Even an atheist can be reconciled if they're honestly trying their best to understand God's system. Because God knows your heart and he won't break the covenant with man. only men can do that . All these people, even those in the video, are thinking they can tell if the covenant is broken or not by what happens here on earth today. In reality the results of the covenantor are decided after our death or at the second coming of Jesus. So people got to quit thinking their life on earth today is the end of the story. It's just the beginning but, how you live the process today does Determine the final outcome in the end.
mystikmind
 
  1  
Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 04:13 pm
@Greatest I am,
You had some interesting posts earlier that sparked some interesting thought discussion, but now your posts have become less interesting. Are you even the same person?

"I fight evil and will take as many shots at evil as I can. If you do not, you might want to get better."

Earlier I said this; "That is a cheap shot, you know you are better than that."

What i am saying is, give me something i can reply to?
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 06:21 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Start with this.
Life is a process of learning. Learning from right and wrong learning about good and evil. Ultimately life is about reconciliation with the creator of the universe who will put it all back to perfection.


He has already shown his incompetence and you think he will do better the third time. He also failed after his genocide of us, when he killed instead of cured the way an evil god would, if we go by what Jesus said when he said he came to cure the ill, not kill them. Your split personality god is a loser.

Quote:
The perfection that man is responsible for screwing up.


So it's man's fault that Yahweh put Satan or the talking serpent right their beside Eve while his Omni-present self just sat back and watched.

Is that what you would do to your two new children. If so, would you later murder them by neglect and locking away what would have kept them alive. The tree of life.

Quote:
There would be no death if man had not sinned.


God was the fist sinner FMPOV. Again you blame man for what god did.
Quote:

Our free will requires to live the process for the experience. Belief in the process that, God himself died on the cross to repair the universe and, erase every pain from the memory of every person of goodwill so that, he who believes in this process whether, they are jew or Gentile, Christian or Muslim,Hindu or Buddhist or atheist is the key to being included in this final covenant That Jesus talked about at the last supper. Even an atheist can be reconciled if they're honestly trying their best to understand God's system. Because God knows your heart and he won't break the covenant with man. only men can do that . All these people, even those in the video, are thinking they can tell if the covenant is broken or not by what happens here on earth today. In reality the results of the covenantor are decided after our death or at the second coming of Jesus. So people got to quit thinking their life on earth today is the end of the story. It's just the beginning but, how you live the process today does Determine the final outcome in the end.


Garbage.

You would have Jesus break the law he said he came to fulfil. You want to make him the moral monster his father is.

Here are some of those laws is that you wish did not exist soi that you could immorally ride your scapegoat savior.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 06:23 pm
@mystikmind,
mystikmind wrote:

You had some interesting posts earlier that sparked some interesting thought discussion, but now your posts have become less interesting. Are you even the same person?

"I fight evil and will take as many shots at evil as I can. If you do not, you might want to get better."

Earlier I said this; "That is a cheap shot, you know you are better than that."

What i am saying is, give me something i can reply to?


I can only work with what I am given.

Are you fighting the evil religions like Christianity and Islam?

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
brianjakub
 
  1  
Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 06:14 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
You would have Jesus break the law he said he came to fulfil. You want to make him the moral monster his father is.


Life is a process set up for us to learn the difference between good and evil by showing there are consequences that (if it weren't for Jesus dying on the cross) are permanent. Permanent meaning the sins of the father are passed on to his children because he did the father's sin did permanent damage to the world that can only be fixed by Jesus through repentance and belief it will all be fixed when He returns.

Jesus and the Father cannot perform genocide because they the power to resurrect the righteous. Death is not permanent with God but justice is.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 08:53 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
You would have Jesus break the law he said he came to fulfil. You want to make him the moral monster his father is.


Life is a process set up for us to learn the difference between good and evil by showing there are consequences that (if it weren't for Jesus dying on the cross) are permanent. Permanent meaning the sins of the father are passed on to his children because he did the father's sin did permanent damage to the world that can only be fixed by Jesus through repentance and belief it will all be fixed when He returns.

Jesus and the Father cannot perform genocide because they the power to resurrect the righteous. Death is not permanent with God but justice is.


So the great flood was not genocide, and you refuse to accept the many quotes from scriptures that you do not like.

Go waste someone else's time as you are rather stupid.

I want to chat with those who can think enough to not contradict mosat of their bible.

Regards
DL
brianjakub
 
  0  
Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 05:49 am
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
So the great flood was not genocide, and you refuse to accept the many quotes from scriptures that you do not like.


The flood did not cause permanent death to the righteous, The flood was like baptism to the righteous. It locked up Satan so he could no longer have the same power over them. Now they could die in peace (like us) knowing that the second coming and the resurrection were for them. So, the flood could not be permanent death like genocide but rather an introduction of a process that provided freedom from sin which culminated in the resurrection of Jesus.

Quote:
I want to chat with those who can think enough to not contradict most of their bible.


The rest of orthodox Christianity would agree with me and they compiled the bible and determined how to interpret it.

I would gladly discuss any so called contradictions though.
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Tue 21 May, 2019 09:20 am
@brianjakub,
"The flood did not cause permanent death to the righteous,"

Go away as you too stupid for me to bother with.

Regards
DL
brianjakub
 
  0  
Reply Wed 22 May, 2019 07:45 am
@Greatest I am,
Sounds to me like you don't believe in a restoration of the universe back to perfection.
coluber2001
 
  2  
Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 11:37 am
"The second result of feeling that we are separate minds in an alien and mostly stupid universe is that we have no common sense, no way of making sense of the world upon which we are agreed in common. It's just my opinion against yours, and therefore the most aggressive and violent (and thus insensitive) propagandist makes the decisions. A muddle of conflicting opinions united by force of propaganda is the worst possible source of control for a powerful technology."
Irrevocable commitment to any religion is not only intellectual suicide, it is positive unfaith because it closes the mind to any new vision of the world. Faith is, above all, open-ness--an act of trust in the unknown."

Alan Watts, "The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are."

This is subtle thinking, which is the result of a very creative and fluid religious mind, that is, a mind that is free of dogma and indoctrination.
There is no position and no ground of ideas to defend, and as such it is a mind that transcends the ego, a mind whose identity is universal and stems from nature itself. This is what I call the creative religious mind.

Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 02:23 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Sounds to me like you don't believe in a restoration of the universe back to perfection.


Because your bible says that god is perfect and can only produce perfect and perfect never loses perfection.

If you want to think your prick of a god fouled up, go ahead oh yee of little faith.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 02:28 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

"The second result of feeling that we are separate minds in an alien and mostly stupid universe is that we have no common sense, no way of making sense of the world upon which we are agreed in common. It's just my opinion against yours, and therefore the most aggressive and violent (and thus insensitive) propagandist makes the decisions. A muddle of conflicting opinions united by force of propaganda is the worst possible source of control for a powerful technology."
Irrevocable commitment to any religion is not only intellectual suicide, it is positive unfaith because it closes the mind to any new vision of the world. Faith is, above all, open-ness--an act of trust in the unknown."

Alan Watts, "The Book: On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are."

This is subtle thinking, which is the result of a very creative and fluid religious mind, that is, a mind that is free of dogma and indoctrination.
There is no position and no ground of ideas to defend, and as such it is a mind that transcends the ego, a mind whose identity is universal and stems from nature itself. This is what I call the creative religious mind.


Nicely done.

What you describe is a seekers mind.
Most Christians and Muslims are idol worshipers and not seekers.

Regards
DL
brianjakub
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Jun, 2019 04:26 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:
If you want to think your prick of a god fouled up, go ahead oh yee of little faith
He created a bunch of men in His image with free will that chose to screw up. Fortunately He said will make it all new again and all the evidence suggests He is capable of doing it. Especially, since making new should be easier that second time around. I don't think He should be called a prick for doing that. Why do you?
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/15/2019 at 02:39:17