jespah

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2019 10:40 am
He was 77.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/9UAnGpm4yNC5NKavzbfqgK11Iyw=/480x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/A2CONRBV54I6TBKKPIKNP7WJNI.jpg

rosborne979

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2019 12:23 pm
@jespah,
Bummer. I liked that guy.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2019 02:11 pm
I liked him and other Monkeys. The Monkeys made good music. I couldn't watch 60 consecutive seconds of their TV series, but that was the organization, more so than them. Last Train and I'm a Believer are fantastic recordings.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2019 02:33 pm
@jespah,
So sad. My best friend and I loved watching the Monkees as kids. Then when we were in our 20s we found out they were touring! We did - we got tickets and saw them at Gilette stadium - who would think they would play in a stadium.

Well we get there and it is mostly young moms with young kids. I think it was a new generation that was watching the Monkees on reruns.

Who would have thought we could buy beer and see the Monkees in concert - we believe it or not had a fantastic time.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2019 02:33 pm
@jespah,
Always have liked the music the Monkees made. Sad to learn he has left, at least I can continue enjoying the music.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2019 06:30 pm
@jespah,
Such a nice nice guy. He did a bunch of small club dates locally many years ago - he was so nice. He also played the bandshell a bit over a decade ago ... again ... so nice

I loved their pop stuff, but sometimes ... their take on early music was soooo good (and Peter's dimples .... so cute)

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 08:14 am
@ehBeth,
Yeah as a younger person he was my fav of the group. My Monkee crush you could say - typically my best friend and I always had different favorites from each music group/TV show etc. Peter was mine - Davy was hers as far this group went.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 11:52 am
I have fond memories of watching reruns of "The Monkees" during the 1970s.
I enjoyed the tv show.
I enjoyed the music.
Rest in peace, Peter Tork.
Ragman

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2019 10:52 am
@Real Music,
Authenticity and talent are his long suits. But his endearing humor was a major plus.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2019 01:09 am
@Ragman,
Rest in peace.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 01:17 pm
When I was a kid we lived in a run down house with a huge, wood porch that rattled and clattered. My sisters and I would put on our go-go boots, drag our little portable TV onto the porch, turn on the Monkees and dance like maniacs. Fun times.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2019 03:06 pm
"Last Train to Clarksville" had a lot of meaning for GIs in those days. Fort Campbell was a big basic training center. The post office was in Kentucky, but most of the military reservation was in Tennessee. Clarksville, Tennessee was the nearest large town, and a railroad terminal, as well as having the usual bus stations.

RIP, Peter Tork.
0 Replies