Louisville, Kentucky

ul

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 01:41 pm
Going to Kentucky next week, what kind of clothing should I pack?
Already suited for summer?

Any tips for sightseeing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,302 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 03:07 pm
ul, thisshould give u a pretty good handle on what to pack...

sightseeing in louisville (google search)
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 04:05 pm
Thanks for your help.

Summer outfit and an umbrella- easy packing.

I have bought a tour guide and was looking for some kind of insider information- what would be interesting to see and watch off the tourist path.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 05:03 pm
Okay, so drop in at beautiful Ft. Knox. That's off everybody's path except a bunch of nuts driving tanks around.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 06:42 pm
There is some mighty fine horse flesh to be seen in Kentucky. They are poetry in motion.

Have a lovely trip and tell us about it when you return.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 02:49 pm
If I hear Ft. Knox I see gold. Many years back in my English lessons there was the story about more than 50 freight trains bringing the gold in the vault.

Diane, a horse is a beautiful animal. Not only poetry in motion, but also running gold.

Unfortunately I only have to prepare a trip guide- I have to stay home.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 04:13 pm
ul, So good to see you here. I think you'll find Kentucky is beautiful this time of year. The weather may be cool and wet, so pack a raincaot and umbrella. It could also be very warm. In other words, be prepared for anything.

I've been hoping to find you on line. My son is spending the next few months in Austria. He is interning at an organic farm in a place called Kärnten. Is that anywhere near you?
0 Replies

ul

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 05:50 am
Swimpy,
your son is a lucky guy.
Kärnten or Carinthia is the most southern province of Austria, shares the boarders with Italy and Slovakia.
Beautiful mountains, many lakes, castles, a wonderful part of Austria.
Vienna is about 4 hours by train.
Where in Kärnten will he stay?
If he wants to take a trip to Vienna we will be happy to show him around.
Contact me if you want to know more.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 06:46 am
He is staying at a family farm. Here is a link to their website. http://www.blasehof.org/ Since I don't speak or read German, I can't tell you much more than that.

I don't want to tie up your thread with my stuff, but I will put my email in my profile. Please email me and I will send you more details.

Have a great time in Louisville. If you like baseball, try the Louisville Slugger Museum.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:03 am
Will do.
Unfortunately I am not allowed to use PM.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 09:28 am
Sorry, I just remembered the email thing. It's there now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:06 pm
I doubt that you could get a guided tour of the UPS terminal in Louisville, but according to an article in the April 18th New Yorker "Annals of Transport: Out in the Sort: Lobsters, bats and Bentleys in the UPS Hub it is a fascinating place.

The building & parking for planes and trucks is a half mile south of the passerger terminal and covers 550 acres. A complete circuit around the walls is five miles.

The hub sorts more than a million packages every day, most of them between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m.

Incidently UPS provides overnight delivery of Louisville Slugger baseball bats anywhere in the US.
0 Replies

Levi

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:56 pm
Sorry for the long delay in reading and responding to this, but... how was it? I'd like to know, considering I've lived in Louisville most of my life. :wink:
0 Replies