What happened to Rimmer from "Red Dwarf" ?

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 02:24 am
I was just watching some episodes of the seventh series of "Red Dwarf". What happened to Rimmer ? The show doesn't work without him. Did the actor playing him realise the show had jumped the shark and get out in time to try to resurrect his career.

Absence of Rimmer completely destroys the show. Cat and Kryten are completely one-dimensional, and Kochansky is annoying . Why did they bring her in? If they just wanted somebody with sex appeal, they could have just brought in a whore-bot. Smeg it! Smeg it! Smeg it! You need both Lister AND Rimmer to make "Red Dwarf" a decent program.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,147 • Replies: 8
No top replies

nimh

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 06:36 pm
I loved Red Dwarf ("its cold outside/theres no kind of atmosphere/we're all alone/more or less"?), but I used to watch it when I was still in high school, like, fifteen+ years ago - must be many series back I suppose
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 06:39 pm
Isn't there a film coming?

I adore it, too.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 01:01 pm
Since Craig Charles stood trial accused of being a rapist, I think the public went off the show even though he was exonerated.

That charge is not easy for the public to forget, they tend to think of it as "he got away with it" rather than "justice was served an innocent man was found not guilty"

I'm sure this didn't help the shows ratings.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 02:40 am
Surprised Craig Charles was accused of being a rapist!?!?! He always seems so sweet.

NO, i think the show jumped the shark a while back. For a number of reasons, the new editions of the show jsut aren't as good as the originals. That whole prison series was utter crap.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 03:34 am
Rimmer dropped out from the series for a while, the extra character was taken up by an 'alternative Kachansky' that was stranded in Dave's 'reality'.

However, by the last series they had managed to recreate 'Red Dwarf' with a live Rimmer who managed to end up in all sorts of trouble when he believed Lister's stories about what had happened.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 06:41 am
Odd Socks wrote:
Surprised Craig Charles was accused of being a rapist!?!?! He always seems so sweet.

Odd Socks, Ted Bundy was the most charming gentleman in America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crime/caseclosed/tedbundy1.shtml
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:49 pm
Embarrassed You're right, of course. It's just surprising that he would be accused and so readily believed. YOu'd think, considering his clean-cut public persona , the tabloids (which don't really consider anything in depth) would have sided with him immediately.

I'm always attracted to murderers and rapists, on the box and in real life. Norman Bates (as played by Anthony Perkins) was the absolute hottest guy ever to appear on the silver screen.

Ted Bundy = the most charming guy in America? Doesn't sound like that much of an achievement, really.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:51 pm
Good website, though.
0 Replies