is it possible for a value to be significant as a single predictor but not included in Log Regressio

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 05:02 am
I appreciate your help. is it possible for a value to be significant as a single predictor but then to be removed from the multivariate model during the statistical analysis? I used SPSS values are predictors of difficult airway in anaesthesiology one of the values appears to be the best predictor when used as single then I try logistic regression and is not included in the final model. Actually it appears that SPSS does not even include it in the multivariate analysis as it does not even appear on the table of the values that have been removed as non significant
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 391 • Replies: 1
No top replies

engineer

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2019 07:08 am
@vouzou81,
Without going into the specifics of your model, it is possible that two variables that are listed as independent are highly correlated, so when you dump them into a statistics program, one will flag as not significant. For example, if I plotted family wealth versus my age and my wife's age, there is a strong correlation with either, but since our ages are perfectly correlated, a stats package will say one is significant and the other is not if you combine them.
0 Replies