usa to the kkk

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:39 am
Hey Guys,

I live in Sydney, Australia and I would like to know something... (this is for you americans out there)..... do you think of us aussies as all having a pet kangaroo and wearing a cork hat and living in the desert? I was just wunderin? Oh and ummm... what kind of shoes are a big hit over there at the moment.... how bout desperate housewives or the o.c????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,611 • Replies: 53
No top replies

Letty

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:35 pm
Hey, Cheeki. Welcome to A2K. Not exactly certain what you mean by USA to KKK.

Lots of Aussies on this site, so you'll find a mate or two out there.

As for how Americans think about you folks, I don't ever equate you down under people with pet kangaroos. What's a cork hat?

Shoes? lots of different kinds in my closet.

I'm assuming "Desperate Housewives" is a TV show, but I, for one, have never watched it. At the moment I am just desperate to get my roof replaced after Hurricane Frances swept through Florida.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:40 pm
Kangaroo? No, but I thought you all hunt crocodilles and drink Fosters.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:50 pm
I don't know about shoes, but at our house, we all like to wear KK Klan hats, listen to Rush Limbaugh, drink Mountain Dew and feed our hounds hushpuppies.

Don't know nuthin about Desperate Housewives or the O.C. If them's TV shows our TV's been out on the lawn for years, it's a little shrine to the virgin Mary, right next to the crucifix in the half sunk bathtub.

Yeah, that's the ticket.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:57 pm
I think the cheek man might have meant A2K, perhaps.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 02:41 pm
Very Happy No idea. Just playing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:08 pm
We think you're a bunch of ruddy cobbers. Aside from that, Aussies are fair dinkum.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:16 pm
I don't think you're ruddy cobbers. Honest.
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:18 pm
Hahaha..... A cork hat is a hat that people that live out in the bush wear..... it dangles corks around the brim to stop the flies getting to their face....

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES AINT IN AMERICA.... dude you guys are missin out tha best show ever.. its about like a street and 5 women and all about their secret lives there has been murder, affairs, criminal acts and the like and one of them took her kids ADD medication... it is kinda unbelievable but like 85% of the population watch it.... and the o.c is cool too....
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:21 pm
What's oc?
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:23 pm
S
Its about a group of like 20 year olds and there lives... involving like sex, drugs rock and roll and finding out that one of them are lesbians....

INTERESTING....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:27 pm
Desperate Housewives ain't in America? Huh?
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:29 pm
DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES... is the best show ever..

I know that it aint in america we have established that... what kinda shows are cool at the moment in america...

Oh and at the moment we are only up to 10 people left in american idol.... someone just told me that constatine won!!!!

OMG i can like fully bet and win heaps of cash lol

THANX
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:41 pm
Hey, Cheeky. there is a Desperate Housewives here. I've seen it advertised. OK, gotcha about the cork hat.

and we all know who Paul Hogan is.
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:04 pm
yeh go paul hogan....

how about merrick and rosso????

have you heard the song

"bring back the biff"????
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:09 pm
Nope, don't know merrick and rosso. Having been a teacher, they weren't exactly in my lesson plans.

Well, Cheeky, glad to see you here. Have fun and behave. Razz
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:15 pm
merrick and rosso are on the radio station nova 96.9... (one of the most popular radio stations here).... they are the funniest poeple. They are also well known comedians...

Do you guys like celebrate umm...... tax day, ??? we dont just wunderin whether you guys did
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:10 pm
no, we don't like the O.C; too dramatic and repetitive......my family is too busy watching the weekly KKK show with Rachel Pendergraft.
0 Replies

bombom

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 07:49 pm
Hey Cheeki-Bri!

Love "Desperate Housewives", for me the best show ever after "Friends" and "Sex and the city". As to O.C, I agree with Duke of Lancaster that is getting kind of dramatic... Love also "SCI Miami" and "Without a trace", and what about "Lost"?, that´s a big hit now in my country. As you see I am a big TV fan, also watching McLeod's Daughters lateley to get used to australian accent, just love it!

Cheers!
Very Happy
0 Replies

Cheeki-Bri

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 01:51 am
oh kool.. yeh mcleoads is a huge hit over here! see i thought i was weird everyone I had talked to had either never heard of the tv shows or said that they didnt interest them.. so where abouts do you live anyways????
0 Replies