Lost!

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 04:07 pm
Lost season finale is tomorrow folks! I can't believe it. I just caught up on it last week on my tivo and am soooooooo not ready for this show to be over. Thoughts on the finale?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,200 • Replies: 13
No top replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 07:41 am
I believe you're jumping the gun. The seasson finale for "Lost" is scheduled for May 25. A useful site for series finales:
http://primetimetv.about.com/library/blseasonfinales.htm
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 02:59 pm
crud. I was. I found that out the hard way - such anticipation and then I sat down to watch on last wed to much dismay. lol!

regardless, can't wait but then again will be sad when S1 is over. What a fantastic show.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:43 pm
Amen to that. We have another repeat this week. Next week is a semi-repeat- a recap of the show thus far.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:04 am
Anybody still watching???

This shows keeps getting better as the season goes on. Last nights was pretty good. That little kid freaks me out. He knows whats in that hatch and knows they are going to open it and now he wants off that island.

And how about Kate... what a sneaky girl she is. Getting the other girl to poison her husband so she could take the seat on the raft. I'm glad Sawyer (sp?) called her out and exposed her to the rest of the group. I bet she gets revenge.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 03:40 pm
I totally agree - they are getting better and better! Kate continues to surprise me and I can't figure out if I like her or not. I think Sawyer really showed some true colors in this past eppy though and I was proud.

I'm going to be so sad when the season is over. A lot of seasons are going to be wrapping up in May and then we're onto summer shows. I know a few new seasons start in June thank goodness - else I'd be in rerun hell - Rescue Me is new this summer I think, plus Laguna Beach (guilt pleasure anyone?), and Entourage and Six Feet Under - oh and the trainwreck that Britney Spears' reality show will be - also on this summer. I have to plan ahead so I dont' get really dissapointed when my favorite shows end like Lost, the OC, Desperate Housewives etc ya know?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 11:34 am
The Others are coming.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 01:52 pm
I haven't been as able to watch as I wanted to... first there was volleyball conflicts, then I began a german class which went through the time Lost is on here... But I caught the finale (thank GOD! Class was cancelled!) and it was awesome!

WHat did you all think of Sawyer singing "Redemption Song?" I think it's a clue to the whole plot... "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them can stop the time."

Here's the whole song, in case you're curious...

Quote:
Old pirates, yes, they rob I;
Sold I to the merchant ships,
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit.
But my hand was made strong
By the 'and of the Almighty.
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly.
Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom? -
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom? -
'Cause all I ever have:
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs;
Redemption songs.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our mind.
Wo! Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them-a can-a stop-a the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look?
Yes, some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.
Won't you help to sing
Dese songs of freedom? -
'Cause all I ever had:
Redemption songs -
All I ever had:
Redemption songs:
These songs of freedom,
Songs of freedom.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:25 am
Hey Princess... i haven't seen you around, where ya been?

I like how they showed a little bit of everybodies story and how they ended up on the plane. If you look closely during every flashback you see someone else as well as the main person. While the dad was on the phone with his mom Locke was wheeled by in his wheel chair. During the Korean(?) couples story you saw the iraqi guy. During the fat guys story you saw the band guy (Iforget all of their names). It gives credence to Lockes theory that they were all brought there for a reason.

This show gets better and better every episode. The whole "We came for the boy" thing totally took me by suprise. It was a very good twist. I've been wondering when they were going to make something of his perceived powers and I think this could be it.

Locke seems to be going a bit looney and it looks like the doc and him are headed for a showdown.

The numbers have really got me interested... I want to know what they mean.

Not sure about Sawyer... interesting point though.

Can't wait for next season.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:22 am
We have friends in the States taping network TV shows and mailing them to us. So far I've only seen the first three or four episodes, but love the show.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 12:25 pm
The writers play to rename the show for next season. It will be called "Really Lost".
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 12:26 pm
4 8 15 16 23 42
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2005 09:49 pm
dancingnancy you should come to australia and watch it. We're far from it being over, we're that behind in american tv.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 10:02 am
What really, really irked me about this show was ABC's decision to run the episodes out of order (during the first season, no less!!!).
0 Replies