water softener question

Sat 26 Jan, 2019 07:22 pm
i just bought a new water softener and had culligan and they said my water hardness was 75 so i set my new one to 80 but im still getting white stuff building up do i need to set the hardness higher or is it salt build up because i have it set to high
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 4,315 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Jewels Vern

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 02:18 am
@Iceman306,
You have to ask Culligan about that.

Don't drink the water. Salt causes heart attacks. You should have unsoftened water in your kitchen faucets. Then you can have a small RO filter under the sink for drinking and cooking. Otherwise use bottled water for drinking and cooking.

Also be aware that hard water is the only source of calcium and magnesium for some people, so you might want to get a supplement to maintain health.
0 Replies

NO-NAME

Sun 27 Jan, 2019 12:31 pm
You may have the wrong type of filter .also don't listen to the OP salt does not cause heart attacks.
Iceman306

Wed 30 Jan, 2019 11:17 am
@NO-NAME,
its brand new from lowes because cullagin said we had a 75 hardness but we were going to pay 3k for a softener just want to know what this white build up is i know the sell a descaler for this water softener that helps with build up would his help
0 Replies