Jack Nicholson's better than Pacino and Deniro put together!

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 08:17 am
I don't believe Jack in person is anything like these characters you're mentioning. It could be the distinctive physical appearance -- the highly arched eyebrows, the inquisitive eyes, et al. One sees shots of Jack at a Laker's game and it looks like McMurphy cheering on the team. Or, The Joker.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 04:08 pm
LW-- After reading a couple of articles with him over the years, personal interviews...a couple of accounts of friends, lovers, directors...

I have arrived at an opinion about Jack. Trust that I know the difference in someone's appearance, their character, and a role in a movie.

I like him. He's an ass, an egomaniac, and half bent, but I like him. Hear about him taking a five iron to a guy's windsheild... on two different occasions?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2005 04:32 pm
Jack playing a villain doesn't necessarily include any of his individual persona -- he's not always played the heavy. I've personally known Hollywood personalities and, believe me, they are all slightly bent. That's one reason they are great actors. There are many others who could be referred to as asses -- Russell Crowe, for instance. Frank Sinatra, for instance. I don't think that comes out on the screen every time at all.
0 Replies