The no lerve, no-flirting, no sexual innuendo thread.

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:17 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Once upon a midnight dreary....

I forget whether or not it was raining.

The rain - just as, in Lady Bracknell's estimation, the line also, in Ernest's case - was, I believe, immaterial.

Wotchit Kicky.

You can't fool little goils any more,

But the card is a great idea,
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:31 pm
Hey...... just got back from the dual birthday dinner. I got my mother a pea green cotton sweater she may actually like and a faded red linen 'jacket' - the liklihood that she'lllike that are a little slimmer. I got my brother a 9 piece, wood-boxed, assortment of kickyass chocolates from a local chocolatier and a black feather boa.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:32 pm
dlowan wrote:

Lovely to see you here JB - BUT - you said LOVE!!!!

I'm sorry - but that means a burst with the CO 2 sub-zero fire extinguisher - would you like goggles and mittens - and a nose-warmer? Don't want you losing any extremities, do we?

jeesh, the bunny means business! I think I'd better take all available protection.

<covers head, ready for the blast, mumbles, 'it was just a quote, jeesh'>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:41 pm
I'm sorry JB - this is gonna hurt you more than it hurts me.

Fire!

http://images.animationfactory.com/animations/fire/extinguishers/woman_spraying_fire_extinguisher/woman_spraying_fire_extinguisher_lg_nwm.gif

Sounds fabulous 'k.

If fabulous chocs and a black boa do not please your brother, he is a lost cause!

Pea green - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:43 pm
mmmmm... I think this is it:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00074XBL4.16._AA260_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:51 pm
HA!!! missed me

<runs off to see what's happ'nin at pokerroom.com>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 06:52 pm
black feather boa....hmmmm
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 07:17 pm
The rain is raining all around
It rains on field and tree.
It rains on the umbrellas here
And on the ships at sea.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 07:30 pm
Nice thread, Deb, with very worthy intentions.

(BTW, I never did get this "flirting" thing. Confused Question The how/where/why of it & the art of it. Perhaps we can have an "all you ever wanted to know about ...." thread on the subject one day? :wink: For us backward folk.
But for now, please disregard this comment or Deb will be very, very angry with me! ..... Shocked )

OK, back to the topic now! Quickly!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 07:31 pm
<msolga, start th thread!>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 07:33 pm
[size=7](Pssst, k, we can't talk about this here. Deb will mangle me! I'm afraid!Shocked )[/size]
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 07:39 pm
that's why I suggested you start a thread!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 08:40 pm
I CAN HEAR WHEN YOU WHISPER, YOU KNOW!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 08:45 pm
could you please keep it down? I was napping.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 08:47 pm
dlowan wrote:
I CAN HEAR WHEN YOU WHISPER, YOU KNOW!

<whimper>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 08:56 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
could you please keep it down? I was napping.

As long as you were not innuendoing, I care naught of thy nap.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:11 pm
dlowan wrote:
And I am not wearing a bunny suit - I AM a Bunny - otherwise known as a Pooka - and I am 5' 6' and armed to the teeth, so watch it.

Now - do you want persiflage and a martini, or trouble?

Pooka? Sounds like my daughters favorite bear.

Somehow, I am the bunny doesn't quite have the panache of Lennon's description of Paul.

And why capitalize Bunny. Is Bunny some kind of lodge officer or something? Ah! That's what a Pooka is! Here in the U.S. we have the Elks, the Lions, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, etc. Wouldn't be caught dead as an NRA card totin' bunny rabbit.

And how do you get the smoke out of your fur?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:12 pm
littlek wrote:
DrewDad, be vewy vewy cafewl.

Cafewl of a bunny? C'mon now. You afraid she'll cuddle someone to death? Or should I be concerned about mange?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:23 pm
DrewDad wrote:
dlowan wrote:
And I am not wearing a bunny suit - I AM a Bunny - otherwise known as a Pooka - and I am 5' 6' and armed to the teeth, so watch it.

Now - do you want persiflage and a martini, or trouble?

Pooka? Sounds like my daughters favorite bear.

Somehow, I am the bunny doesn't quite have the panache of Lennon's description of Paul.

And why capitalize Bunny. Is Bunny some kind of lodge officer or something? Ah! That's what a Pooka is! Here in the U.S. we have the Elks, the Lions, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, etc. Wouldn't be caught dead as an NRA card totin' bunny rabbit.

And how do you get the smoke out of your fur?

Grrrrrr - this is the original, Celtic version of the Pooka:

Variants: phouka, puca

No fairy is more feared in Ireland than the pooka. This may be because it is always out and about after nightfall, creating harm and mischief, and because it can assume a variety of terrifying forms.

The guise in which it most often appears, however, is that of a sleek, dark horse with sulphurous yellow eyes and a long wild mane. In this form, it roams large areas of countryside at night, tearing down fences and gates, scattering livestock in terror, trampling crops and generally doing damage around remote farms.

In remote areas of County Down, the pooka becomes a small, deformed goblin who demands a share of the crop at the end of the harvest: for this reason several strands, known as the 'pooka's share', are left behind by the reapers. In parts of County Laois, the pooka becomes a huge, hairy bogeyman who terrifies those abroad at night; in Waterford and Wexford, it appears as an eagle with a massive wingspan; and in Roscommon, as a black goat with curling horns.

The mere sight of it may prevent hens laying their eggs or cows giving milk, and it is the curse of all late night travellers as it is known to swoop them up on to its back and then throw them into muddy ditches or bogholes. The pooka has the power of human speech, and it has been known to stop in front of certain houses and call out the names of those it wants to take upon its midnight dashes. If that person refuses, the pooka will vandalise their property because it is a very vindictive fairy.

The origins of the pooka are to some extent speculative. The name may come from the Scandinavian pook or puke, meaning 'nature spirit'. Such beings were very capricious and had to be continually placated or they would create havoc in the countryside, destroying crops and causing illness among livestock. Alternatively, the horse cults prevalent throughout the early Celtic world may have provided the underlying motif for the nightmare steed........

More fearsome Pooka lore

http://www.irelandseye.com/paddy3/images2/top2.JPEG

More Pooka lore

However, the modern Pooka is epitomised by Harvey, the six foot white Bunny in the film with Jimmy Stewart.

I am one of these.

We are human size, and spelt with a capital B to differentiate us from rabbits.

And we can be very mean.

And I don't really smoke.

It is a prop.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 09:38 pm
Oooookaaaaaaay.

1. You gotta warn folks if a link goes to questionable material.
B. You violated the theme of your own thread with that ugly thing.

So... you seen any good movies lately? I hear that When Hairy Met Sally is good. Or would that be When Fairy Met Sally?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:32:28