The no lerve, no-flirting, no sexual innuendo thread.

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:22 pm
There has been too much loving and sex and crap in this place lately.

This thread is a refuge for the acerbic, disenchanted, acid, cool, sexually subtle, generally mean, misanthropic and sere.

No hugs, no innuendo.

Ample non-sweet alchoholic beverages served, bare effete please -

So - what is chilling your heart or stimulating your intellect today?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 20,854 • Replies: 651
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:24 pm
No fun. ;(
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:24 pm
Got any cheese?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:25 pm
Certainly, Kicky.

What sort do you fancy?

We have very dry crackers....fancy a dry martini? Agitated, not stirred?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:26 pm
Sharp provolone, if you please...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:27 pm
Mmmm....martinis...I'm so glad you started this thread...this is just the thing for me...you know I'm in a contest...but I suppose this is not the place for that kind of talk, is it...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:27 pm
I would describe myself as several of the above descriptors. I'm glad you started this haven, dlowan.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:28 pm
I hate this bloody hot weather. It's supposed to be a bit cooler but it's stinking hot.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:28 pm
Mmmmm - good provolone - we just happen to have a chunk right here.

So - any nice (in the older sense) chilly observations to make, Kicky?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:29 pm
It's hard to think chilling thoughts here in North America - spring is springy and we all want to think warm.
0 Replies

kickycan

Well, thank you dlowan!

<munching cheese and crackers>

Observations, observations...are we trying to avoid politics and religion as well, or is it just sex?
0 Replies

dlowan

kickycan wrote:
Mmmm....martinis...I'm so glad you started this thread...this is just the thing for me...you know I'm in a contest...but I suppose this is not the place for that kind of talk, is it...

Anyone starting THAT sort of talk shall be hit with a sharp cloud of sub-zero carbon dioxide from my CO 2 fire extinguisher, whicjh I happen to have right here. And my ice club.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:30 pm
I read the comics to stimulate my intellect, but a vodka martini will fit in well, also.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:31 pm
kickycan wrote:
Well, thank you dlowan!

<munching cheese and crackers>

Observations, observations...are we trying to avoid politics and religion as well, or is it just sex?

If we are able to discuss religion and politics with a calm demeanour, intellectual probity, and wit, these topics are allowed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:32 pm
littlek wrote:
I would describe myself as several of the above descriptors. I'm glad you started this haven, dlowan.

Why thank you Ms 'k.

Your approbation is keenly, but not warmly, appreciated.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:32 pm
dlowan wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Anyone starting THAT sort of talk shall be hit with a sharp cloud of sub-zero carbon dioxide from my CO 2 fire extinguisher, whicjh I happen to have right here. And my ice club.

I'll keep that in mind.

So dlowan, tell us a little about Australly...do people really go on walkabouts there, or is that all a bunch of crap? I mean, who would really do that?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:33 pm
goodfielder wrote:
I hate this bloody hot weather. It's supposed to be a bit cooler but it's stinking hot.

I, also, am distressed by the unseasonable weather. I had planned to go shopping - but I am most discouraged by the thought of sweating, without exertion, in AUTUMN.

We are not amused.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2005 11:35 pm
Do you want to help me figure out what to buy my mother and my brother for their birthdays?
0 Replies

dlowan

kickycan wrote:
dlowan wrote:
kickycan wrote:

I'll keep that in mind.

So dlowan, tell us a little about Australly...do people really go on walkabouts there, or is that all a bunch of crap? I mean, who would really do that?

Some Aboriginal people do, Kicky. The nomadic way of life has deep attractions, and, for people fortunate enough to be still in touch with their heritage, it is a very spiritual experience, I gather.
0 Replies

littlek

Can I mix myself a gin gimlet....? Ta.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The no lerve, no-flirting, no sexual innuendo thread.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 06:22:16