Drones: how much longer will it take...

rosborne979

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 11:24 am
@hightor,
Iā€™m thinking a high power microwave laser turret with computer controlled targeting on top of every control tower might be a good stock to invest in at this time.
Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 01:09 pm
The Met has arrested a man and woman for the Gatwick drone attack. According to the CBC, this took place "late last night," which would have been early in the morning in the UK.

Gatwick drones: Man and woman from Crawley held
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Dec, 2018 03:54 pm
@rosborne979,
Something that could (or not) really blow ones mind is the new generation Lidar using Gallium Nitride- on -Silicon (GANS) LIDAR units that can see farther with a greater resolution than the present 1000 AND , the whole unit including the drone can be recharged "Wirelessly" while its in the air
OldGrumpy

Reply Tue 25 Dec, 2018 03:46 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Something that could (or not) really blow ones mind is the new generation Lidar using Gallium Nitride- on -Silicon (GANS) LIDAR units that can see farther with a greater resolution than the present 1000 AND , the whole unit including the drone can be recharged "Wirelessly" while its in the air

5G I guess? very very good for health!!!!! not !!!!!
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 12:59 pm
@OldGrumpy,
attention deficit and passive aggressive syndromes at odds again today??
Did you spend Christmas with family or attendants??
OldGrumpy

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 01:04 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
attention deficit and passive aggressive syndromes at odds again today??
Did you spend Christmas with family or attendants??

why? Because I see huge health problems with 5G and this is your infantile reaction?

Oh yeah I forgot you...

lol
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:09 pm
@OldGrumpy,
did you know that cauliflower cooked in the microwave can induce attacks of arfectic lacrimal plebny?
roger

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 03:42 pm
@farmerman,
That settles it. No more cauliflower for me. Not ever.

P.S. I wouldn't let the stuff in the house, anyway.
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 05:10 pm
@roger,
HMMPH, All the cauliflower Ive ever met always had nice things to say about you!!
roger

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2018 05:56 pm
@farmerman,
Prolly cuz they didn't end up on my plate.
OldGrumpy

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 12:18 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
did you know that cauliflower cooked in the microwave can induce attacks of arfectic lacrimal plebny?

I guess you find that out! lol

The stupidty of fm says it all. Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 03:37 am
@roger,
what about collards cooked in a pot likker made from a ham hock??? Jever eat summa that?

farmerman

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 04:10 am
@farmerman,
great with cornbread and chicken fried steak
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 05:17 pm
@farmerman,
More likely to try that than cauliflower, but I DON'T lick pots.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 05:25 pm
Why are drones more of a threat than other radio-controlled aircraft? Couldn't someone just as easily fly an RC plane into an airport or crowd with a bomb and wreak havoc? What's so special about drones? That they can hover instead of gliding?
rosborne979

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2018 09:36 pm
@livinglava,
livinglava wrote:

Why are drones more of a threat than other radio-controlled aircraft?

Swarms
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 04:36 am
@livinglava,
Sure, the quad-copters are much more maneuverable and have greater capacity. You notice all the amazing camera footage that people have collected with drones ā€” and that similar images were never gathered before by other radio-controlled aircraft? And, as has been pointed out, a swarm of them could be particularly devastating.
livinglava

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 09:23 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Sure, the quad-copters are much more maneuverable and have greater capacity. You notice all the amazing camera footage that people have collected with drones ā€” and that similar images were never gathered before by other radio-controlled aircraft? And, as has been pointed out, a swarm of them could be particularly devastating.

Why couldn't RC airplanes be deployed in swarms/flocks just as easily as quadcopter drones?
hightor

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 09:58 am
@livinglava,
They could be. Every now and then you hear about someone flying an RC plane too close to an airport. But they don't have the flexibility that the drones do. That's why you don't see them used in all the many applications where drones are used now.
maporsche

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2018 10:33 am
@hightor,
As a drone owner and having flown RCplanes in high school.....the drones on the market today are 1000x easier
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:46:58