Having difficulty turning on my computer, help please?

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 01:55 am
When i turn off my computer, i wake up the next morning and I try to turn it on by pressing the button. E Machine with windows, but the thing doesn't turn on!?!? :mad:

I have to take out the wires from behind the computer, and the outlet, replug it back in, and sometimes it starts and sometimes it don't. Sometimes I get lucky and it starts, other times I am fooling around with the wires, until surprisingly it starts :blink:

I've had 4 computers before and I've never had this strange problem happen before. It just started doing this one month ago. I've had this computer for less than a year.

Can someone tell me what could be causing this or what's wrong? I'll take opinions or guesses, I'm just soo fustrated!! :wacko: :glare:

Please reply, thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 671 • Replies: 7
No top replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 02:08 am
I've had real bad luck with E Machines and so have some friends. Mine crapped out a month after the 1 year warranty and I had to threaten to picket the store but they gave me an HP in exchange. It's lasted 4 years.
My advice: Trade it in for a Dell, Gateway or HP.
And buy a 2 year warranty
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 02:09 am
PS. Try replacing the Power cable. I've gone through one a year. They're inexpensive.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 02:16 am
get a Mac...

p.s. hi mike...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 02:41 am
Travis! Just sent you a note. Give Urs a smack on that delectable rump for me. Alles est gutt?
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 04:51 am
panzade wrote:
I've had real bad luck with E Machines and so have some friends. Mine crapped out a month after the 1 year warranty and I had to threaten to picket the store but they gave me an HP in exchange. It's lasted 4 years.
My advice: Trade it in for a Dell, Gateway or HP.
And buy a 2 year warranty

I got the 2 year warranty for 119 dollars. Good thing. Cause if this keeps happening, I'm taking it in and expecting a new computer. Laughing
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 04:55 am
panzade wrote:
PS. Try replacing the Power cable. I've gone through one a year. They're inexpensive.

The thing is, the power cable does send power to the harddrive. Cause when I plug it into the computer, the green led light inside the tower lights up, so power is going into it.

Shocked
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 08:19 pm
If that puppy's under warranty yet, haul it in and get it fixed. If its outta warranty, or if it comes back from repair doin' the same thing, trade it in.

Back up all your personal data before takin' it in though; tech centers pretty much format-and-re-image to factory spec as a matter of course.
0 Replies