DISCOUNT TRAVEL AGENTS

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:39 pm
hbg, Besides discount travel agents, the cruise line has promotional deals for those that sign up for their web site. I cruised on Oceania last year in November on trans-Atlantic cruise from Lisbon to Barbados for a ten day cruise which also included the flights for about $1,600 for a single. I like this new cruise line, because they now have only three mid-sized ships, but is rated number three in the industry. Their food and rooms are tops, but their entertainment is rather on the 'skimpy' side. Attire is fancy casual for every day wear including dinner time, although some people do dress up a bit more. I like the "relaxation" ambiance of their cruise, and meet the most interesting of people. On the trans-Atlantic, they happened to have a whole lot of retired military. Met an admiral and several full bird colonels, one of the big honchos that worked for Delta Airlines in Canada, a young couple from Texas, and a professional singer, Lindsay Hamilton from London. I'm going on another cruise with them in November from Barcelona to Athens for the ten day cruise and the pre and post hotels stays - all for about $3,000. We sailed on the Marco Polo back many years ago when my wife and I were joined by my brother and his wife for the Aegean Sea cruise from Istanbul to Athens. They've been sending us brochures off and on for many years, then slowed down when we didn't use them again. After my Antarctica cruise in January with the Marco Polo, we're on their mailing list again. As a matter of fact, just got a brochure in the mail today with some pretty good bargains. May take advantage of it, because I really love the crew of the Maro Polo. On my Antarctica cruise, the staff sang to us during the Farewell Dinner, and I gotta tell you, I had tears in my eyes. Those guys and gals are just great! It's a older, smaller ship, but I enjoy that much more than the mega-ships they're building today.
0 Replies