Art for the masses.

JLNobody

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 09:26 am
art
Yes, but just think how colorific you'll be.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 10:48 am
Kinkaid took his bidding from the marketing of Michel Delacroix, only Delacroix is a far better painter. Yes, farmerman, I'm talking about hand-pulled prints where the artist is at least in his or an independent studio working with printmakers even if the hasn't developed that skill. This simply isn't done with the proliferation of serigraphs and giclees, for two instances. They see some proofs, but usually it is a the final signing done often hundreds of miles away from the printing company.

Yes, protologists should be interested in the Kinkaid toilet paper -- it might supplant fiber optics for light sources in their work.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:47 am
.....I have just been juried into a curated 3 person show which
will take place in a gallery in a big city mall. This is not a Kincaid
type gallery but rather an innovative one which believes in going
to where the people are and promoting real art.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:52 am
Way to go SP, you are a star that shine birght in the art world.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:26 am
Alright, Shepaints, fantastic. I am very glad to hear this.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:39 am
Thank you!!!.....As I understand it....this gallery exists behind glass panels on a wall in the mall, so people automatically see the show as they walk past.

Joanne, thanks for the compliment. I am just a tiny little star in the galaxy.

(The Galaxy in which the earth is located is a collection of approximately 100,000 million stars. It has two main components: the halo, 100,000 light years in diameter, containing a relatively sparse population of cool dim stars and the globular clusters, and the disc, a few thousand light years thick, rich in gas, dust, and young stars, where the spiral arms denote regions of most recent star formation. (Oxford Encyclopedic English Dictionary)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 03:00 pm
Yeah, BUT THEYRE STARS!!! EACH WITH ITS OWN UNIQUE PALLETTE.

CONGRATULATIONS> Making the jurors cut is the main part
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 10:11 pm
If you take art for the masses as it originally meant it would probably mean art which you saw in Mass when attending church. Seeing the Church was the principal means of obtaining employment working in the arts once upon a time.
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 09:06 am
Algis......I spent half an hour in a cathedral in Montreal recently. The blazing stained glass windows and statuary were awesome!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 02:54 pm
You must have been in our Notre Dame Cathedral in old Montreal. It's stained glass and filigree all the way to heaven. If god is in the details, then GODot must be waiting here.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 11:10 pm
Congartulations shepainds you deserve to be chosen your painting us supurb.
0 Replies