Elevated heart rate at night

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 08:49 pm
Hello all,
Ill hope this is the right place to ask this.
I can't find any answers online.
But every night like clockwork, right around 8pm I notice my heart rate elevates, and I get fair amount of anxiety. I usually am tired through out the day but then have trouble sleeping through out the night.
I saw an endocrinologist and she said everything looks normal. Somethings gotta be going on though.
Thanks for you help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 864 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 09:12 pm
@StoshFerhobin,
Quote:
I saw an endocrinologist and she said everything looks normal.
get a second opinion, if you can...
0 Replies

seac

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 10:18 pm
@StoshFerhobin,
I am having the same problem. Been to doctors and they give me heart meds but my blood pressure still goes up at night when I am relaxed. It goes down after doing some exercises such as walking a few miles. This has been going on for about 5 years already, so I consider this normal for myself. I am watching what I eat and it doesn't seem to help much.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2018 07:30 am
What are you doing about 2-3 hours before? There are many things that can cause this, including what you ate for dinner or snacks later on.

I had cheese and crackers late the other nite. I could tell the salt really affected me and I had trouble sleeping. Chocolate, tea, coffee and yes, TV shows can cause blood pressure to rise.

Taking a hot shower, hot tub or bath can also spike this up. Late night exercise is not good.

Of course, medication could be involved. Make sure you are taking them at the right time.

If you think it’s psychological, try meditation or a slow walk.
0 Replies

Sonic232

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2018 08:27 am
Sounds like anxiety. I would get checked for sure again.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2018 09:10 am
How late in the day do you have caffeine? It's in chocolate, sodas, coffee, tea that isn't herbal, and even in some OTC medications. Cutting caffeine and putting a hard deadline during the day when you must stop having any - that can help.

Also, PUNKEY mentioned cheese, etc. This can be a reason if you get acid reflux in particular. Ask your doctor about that - reflux is easy to treat and if it's the problem then yay. And if it's not, then it's another thing eliminated as a possible cause.
0 Replies

StoshFerhobin

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2018 11:23 am
Thanks guys for the replies.

Nothing is really out of usual for my routine.
I have almost completely cut caffeine out of my life , i used to use it heavily but i suspected it was the cause for the issues, i've weened myself off and at most ill have a half decaf 12oz cup once a week in the morning/early afternoon.

Otherwise I exercise in the AMs 3x per week right now, Im a sucker for cookies but only have maybe 1-2 after dinner. Also watching TV at night, but this isnt a new habit so why TV would affect me now idk.

Also not taking any medications. Just a multi vitamin and fish oil in AM.
Sometimes taking magnesium and gaba to help sleep (11pm-midnight)
jespah

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2018 12:23 pm
@StoshFerhobin,
Stress, maybe?
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2018 03:57 pm
SAD or Sundowner’s Syndrome?

StoshFerhobin

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 06:26 pm
@jespah,
probably.. but theres no good way to cure stress ... lifes not getting any easier.
0 Replies

StoshFerhobin

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 06:28 pm
@PUNKEY,
maybe SAD, unlikely though as this started before it started getting dark out earlier.
Also dont think i have the sundowner's syndrome, google said thats specific to Alzheimer ?
0 Replies