my chevening scholarship essay for editing

Arop

Fri 2 Nov, 2018 02:47 pm
Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future. Please do not duplicate the information you have entered on the work experience and education section of this form (minimum word count: 100 words, maximum word count: 500 words).

Dear forum members, I humbly share with you my essay for editing before submitting for review with chevening scholarship committee.

Answer:

I chose three courses at three different Universities in the UK. First is MSc Investment Analysis at the University of Stirling. The reason I choose this course because it is very relevant to my previous education and my current work experience as well as aspiration. My diploma and undergraduate learning background is Business Administration with specialty in Finance. And my current job is a business Development Consult at Worldtech Agribusiness Consult, which requires me to provide consultancy and guidance to the private entrepreneurs, Small and medium scale investors and beneficiaries of government economic programe. This course offers immense combination for my career in the next few years. The course content will provide me with the necessary theoretical background for understanding the world of finance and investment, along with the practical skills for reading and analysing financial data and making informed decisions about the risk involved in international investments. With a very good educational background in UK will make me as a person who is needed by the government of Uganda and private Multibillion dollar investment. For instance, as Business development consultant and an Investments analysis I will provide technical advice and recommendations on Investments and financial policies. This is what makes me able to influence Investment policy in Uganda both local government and Uganda Investment Authority for international investment in the near future.

Secondly, I chose the MBA in International Food and Agribusiness at The Royal Agricultural University. The reason I chose this prestigious course because it provides a unique opportunity for transatlantic study to put the management theories, concepts and strategies learnt into a European and domesticated into Uganda context. I will have the chance to study the first term at the Utah State University and later at Royal Agricultural University with specific and in-depth studies in food processing and manufacturing, procurement, research and development, policy / government service, agricultural and food marketing, and supply chain management, where in other universities the agribusiness is just a narrow module. Background in Finance and my current job as a private business consultant in areas of agribusiness, Agricultural value chain analysis, agricultural value addition, Agro-entrepreneurial, famers cooperative management and agricultural financing to guidance on famers groups and investors in agricultural sector makes this Consultancy department very important for my future career. The knowledge I get from this course will be used to help the government and private consultancy in International Agribusiness Finance and Investment, International Agri-Food Marketing, agribusiness policy formulation and budget allocation in busting agribusiness as well as attracting foreign investors. In addition, I can also provide advice and recommendations in building agricultural trade policy formulation for a reliable National and international agribusiness trade.
Lastly I chose MSc International Investment and Finance at Bournemouth University. I chose this course because of combine’s elements of Finance with a focus on international banking and investment. The course content provide me with the necessary theoretical background for understanding the world of finance and investment, along with the practical skills for reading and analysing financial data and making informed decisions about the risk involved in international investments. My strange is that I already have a finance background that I have gained in undergraduate and this will allow me to complete my course.
The Msc. International Investment and Finance of Bournemouth University, the International Food and Agribusiness at The Royal Agricultural University together with MSc Investment Analysis at the University of Stirling, each is very important for African countries and emerging investment opportunity such as in Uganda, because it requires good analytical and technical skills in mitigating investments risk. My cardinal plan is therefore to use the skills of this course to advance my future career in professional investment consultancy, provide recommendations on government investment.

In conclusion, all three courses I choose are extremely important and relevant to my learning background, my current job and consultancy firm. In addition, this course is also at the most reputably universities in the UK. On the other hand, this course will accelerate my future career advancement in Agribusiness, Finance and investment analyst in public and private sector as I will play a role in serving to formulate the framework of investment policies.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,278 • Replies: 6
Topic Closed
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Arop
McGentrix
  Selected Answer

Fri 2 Nov, 2018 05:34 pm
I will provide this help for you.

I chose three courses at three different Universities in the UK. First is MSc Investment Analysis at the University of Stirling. I chose this course because it is relevant to my current education and work experience as well as future aspirations. My background is in Business Administration with specialty in Finance. My current job is as a Business Development Consultant at WorldNet Agribusiness Consult. This requires me to provide consultancy and guidance to the private entrepreneurs, Small and medium scale investors and beneficiaries of various government economic programs. MSc Investment Analysis offers many valuable skills for my career in the next few years. The course content will provide me with the necessary theoretical background skills for understanding the world of finance and investment, along with the practical skills for reading and analyzing financial data and making informed decisions about the risk involved in international investments. With an educational background from the UK, I will be sought by the government of Uganda and private Multibillion-dollar investments. For example, as a Business Development Consultant and an Investment analysis expert, I will provide technical advice and recommendations on Investments and financial policies. This is what makes me able to influence Investment policy in Uganda for both the local government and the Uganda Investment Authority for international investment in the near future.
Arop

Sat 3 Nov, 2018 11:23 am
@McGentrix,
Thanks so much for your help, i will do those correction and get back for your any other support. have a bless time.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Sat 3 Nov, 2018 06:45 pm
@Arop,
Quote:
My strange is that I already have a finance background

Give me strength.
Arop

Sun 4 Nov, 2018 09:25 am
@laughoutlood,
I am so thankful for yet your support, am confident through this forum i will be able to present a better essay that will win me an awards. that to all Forums members. I just have only two days to submit my final essay, however i still request where you can help to make the essay meet the requires standard for the chevening scholarship, kindly do it. Thanks .
jespah

Sun 4 Nov, 2018 09:44 am
@Arop,
You have already gotten a lot of help. I'm not so sure you realize just how much time it has already taken, or the educational backgrounds of the people who have helped you -- yet you want even more from us.

We cannot teach you English in two days. You are asking for something which people are often paid for.

Please, as was suggested in one of your first topics (if not the first), talk to your English teacher and learn subject/verb agreements, capitalization rules, spelling, and verb conjugations from them. And they may very well tell you that they can't teach you all that in two days. After all, that's the sort of thing that is covered over more like the course of months.

You are an intelligent person if you are even in the running for such an award. But you need to write this essay yourself, to the best of your abilities. It would be really, really unfair to others if they had learned English well, done their best to write their essays, and then we just did the work for you.
Arop

Sun 4 Nov, 2018 10:00 am
@jespah,
I appreciate all the individual and group's support towards my work. am just like a beggar hands reaching out for help to every bypasses along streets, without knowledge of who will give in the help. To all those who have spent their time helping me, in one way some where in this world you will also receives mercy and help from a strangers. if it is your turn to help today, kindly do it without hesitation.
0 Replies