how you build and maintain relationships in a professional capacity, using clear exam

Arop

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2018 10:24 am
Am continuously thankful for your help as the forums, every time i reads your comments and corrections, i get back with lots of hope to correct the mistake . Kindly take a look at this one if at all you have some time. Thanks in advance for your tireless support

Chevening is looking for individuals with strong professional relationship building skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Please explain how you build and maintain relationships in a professional capacity, using clear examples of how you currently do this, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future. (minimum word count: 100 words; maximum word count: 500 words)

Response:

Networking is inter group chaining from one point to the last destination, sharing common interest with ideologies of efficiency limitlessness.

For every successful professional, business, leaders, private institutions as well as the government states, building and maintaining strongest networking forum and mechanisms are very paramount. In view of these, I consider each networking communication as an opportunity for personal growth and institution.

To be specific, this was justified by my experience of ten years managing youth organization and the six years managing private construction and consultancy firm in Uganda. since managing a private civil society organization, I had often called for grants proposal, conferences to participate in line with the organization’s thematic areas of intervention, attending advocacy forum meetings, inter-agency meetings under government and United Nations Coordination Office For Humanitarian Affairs, including other professional forums. I know what challenges and opportunities arise out of building and maintaining relationships in a professional capacity. To that effect, each occasion I move, I keep increasing my networking associations. As innovative ways of building relationship with high profile country diplomats, it was during our university’s graduation ceremonies, through our areas members of parliament who also doubles as a state minister for Foreign Affairs in the government of Uganda, I took the courage as the students’ Guild President to network with the minister, inviting the Dean of Diplomatic corps along side with other ambassadors to our “Fresh Graduates’ Networking Dinner.”

Similarly, I have been attending numbers of national and international conferences and seminars relating to “Youth Entrepreneurship, Trade policies and investment opportunity in Africa, Agribusiness, Agricultural value addition, Connecting youth for continental transformation, Youth and agricultural policies review for youth employment opportunity”. My key objective in attending these conferences was to build “worldtech Agribusiness Consult,” my consultancy firm. During those session, especially in Nairobi, Kenya last year and Kigali Rwanda this year July 2018, I networked with delegates from ninety African and Some Scandinavia countries some of whom are interested in areas of investment and financing agribusiness, prominent investors, young entrepreneurs, innovators, Financial institutions and Professional Business consultants. Through the networking, am now in a preparation to sign a Memorandum Of Understanding with partners I met during the summit who is interested to invest in my agribusiness idea of valued addition for cassava and pumpkin.

In line with my current urge for building a professional relationship, I have been attending some of the Australia alumina friend’s meetings; this is to help me tap into the professional knowledge and opportunity for professional career development. As a result of attending those professional symposiums’, I came to know numbers of developmental programs across the world and the chevening scholarship application advert is one of them.

Moreover, my passion and motivation for continuous building and maintaining strong professional relationship will be definitely a contribution to chevening community. As a potential Chevening awardee, I would have an opportunity to collaborate and network with the world class professors’ and University of Alumina in United Kingdoms as well as doing investment at international Standard.

Consequently, hoping to use these skills in networking and professional relation building to advance the interest of chevening community after my studies, cooperate with foreign scholars to present our insights of Uganda’s diverse but rich investment opportunity and learning United Kingdom investment interest.

Ultimately, I want to be part of the strongest network of investors and leaders on earth bringing solutions for Uganda, surely world investment gaps! Potentialiality needs opportunity!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,189 • Replies: 0
No top replies