a barred spiral galaxy - the rainforest expands - # 58

Stradee

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 05:49 pm
Ok Mags, how'm I sposed ta read the seconds when they're beein' erased by a person who prolly suffers from carpal tunnel? Razz
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 06:01 pm
Hope ta God ya bought chocolate, Maggie! Very Happy

A man caught in a flood prayed to God for help. While he was on his knees praying, a police officer came to the door and offered to evacuate him, but he said, "No thanks, Officer, I'll stay here, God will deliver me" and resumed his prayers. Then a person in a rowboat came by as the waters were rising, and the man said, "No thanks, I'll stay here, God will deliver me" and continued praying to God for help. The waters continued to rise and the man had to climb onto his roof. At last a helicopter came with a ladder and the pilot told him to climb aboard. He again refused, all the while sitting on the roof and praying to God. Finally the waters covered him and he drowned. After he got to heaven he told God how disappointed he was that God didn't answer his prayers. God said, "What do you mean I didn't answer? I sent a police officer, a rowboat and a helicopter; what else did you want?"
0 Replies

pwayfarer

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 05:30 am
rainforest 58
Yuck, yuck, Stradee! Good one.
The wind is blowing here fit to knock the top off the house. And I thought the scirroco was bad. Huh. Them thar winds have NOTHING on the Cape Cod variety.
Happy Sunday, (with or without sun) to all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:21 am
Happy Earthturn to all the WildClickers!
Full moon tonight I believe. Does that explain the wild hair weather?
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:33 am
Lazy Sunday here- Föhn, the warm wind, brought a deep blue sky, warm temps and of course headaches.
Got a blackbird nest on the balcony- so the cat is sitting behind the window watching "cat TV".

Happy Sunday to all.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:55 am
And a good Paysach to all our Jewish friends.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 07:25 am
You and your 283 friends have supported 1,849,468.2 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 73,015.2 square feet.
You have supported: (35,938.0)
Your 283 friends have supported: (37,077.2)

American Prairie habitat supported: 34,290.1 square feet.
You have supported: (9,738.3)
Your 283 friends have supported: (24,551.8)

Rainforest habitat supported: 1,742,162.9 square feet.
You have supported: (160,114.5)
Your 283 friends have supported: (1,582,048.5)
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 09:41 am
pwayfarer,

Whats with the danged weather! Fed plants and trees, watered, etc - then about 5:00 clouds, then rain, then wind - Saturday the same, and today more winter weather. Saying a novena for the Silver Birch. Sad
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 10:05 am
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic,
And, so am I.

----------------------------------------

A thread walks into a bar and orders a gin and tonic. The bartender refuses him and orders him out.
The thread in frustration begins rolling and tumbling around on the sidewalk - then goes back into the bar and orders a gin and tonic. The bartender says "Aren't you the thread I just ordered out?"
The thread says,
"I'm a frayed knot."

---------------------------------------------

Clicked - - - - - - - - - -
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:13 am
lets see now

needle

thread

material

theme?
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 03:24 pm
Stradee wrote:
lets see now

needle

thread

material

theme?

Oh sheeze, that reminds me.... I need to fix the elastic in me pants before I pack the sewing machine! hehehehe

Cotton pickin' Stradee making work for me !
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 11:08 pm
Maggie, LOL -- you make me laugh, I swear!

<specially since i can't sew a stitch>

The new Rainforest Thread ~

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1300556#1300556
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 07:18 am
Good Monday morning ,

All clicked

I was taught sewing techniques in school - aviation mechanic school that is. A lot of "older" planes are covered in fabric and when replaced the fabric requires a certain amount of stitching to fasten it to the frame. I actually recovered a fabric airplane for a friend. He paid me a dollar - a silver certificate dollar.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 09:27 am
Thats shudda been the perfect topic for the new thread!

Quilting!

There's a photo of a quilt at the new thread <Spring>

Well, work calls.

clicked
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 10:54 am
My 90 yr old Mom, goes each week to a quilting club in the old school house where I went from 3d to 7th grade (two rooms - eight grades, one grade in each row of seats). She also still quilts at home - the quilting frame is suspended from the ceiling in the living room.

Yep, we have lots of quilts. Almost a Carl Sagan amount (billions and billions)

-------------------------------------------

Oak Grove School in the '50's - it was a country school and closed in '57. I went to High School in Atlanta.

http://www.directupload.net/show_image.php?d=235&n=UQTCI9TO.jpg

The ladies use it now for quilting and various other social functions. It still has the auditorium and kitchen.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 03:27 pm
Hmmmm, it appears that my directupload site has changed the rules.....................................................!

http://www.directupload.net/images/050425/temp/ewnrrj57.jpg

They now allow only thumbnails which must be clicked on to see...........

Hmmmmm.

Must find another site to show pix.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 06:10 pm
Danon, recovering an old-fashioned fabric-clad plane can be quite a "trip," so I've heard. I'm referring to the fumes from the contact cement one has to use in places where stitching won't work. Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 06:14 pm
Stradee wrote:
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 10:04 am
Trying to catch up on my posts! Click!
Hope everyone is okay. Cool
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 10:17 am
The only thing I am sure about is that I have been clicking! I'm moving and half the time, I'm not sure what I am doing.

So what else is new.
0 Replies