Visiting Florida. IDs accepted in bars?

jonnny

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:46 pm
Hi there,
I'm visiting Florida in the summer and would like to know what IDs are accepted in bars. Is it just passports or will driving licenses or my British/European student card be ok there?

I've heard it can be quite strict you see.

Thanks for your time Very Happy,
Jon
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,226 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:55 pm
Jon, welcome to A2K.

What is the legal drinking age? Are they strict on I.D.s?
The drinking age in Florida is 21 but you can get into the bars and clubs if you are at least 18. And yes, the bars and clubs are very strict on IDs.
0 Replies

jonnny

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:08 pm
Thank for that Letty. Just found this site, looks good.

So any idea on which IDs are accepted? Over here we have a scheme sort of whereby pubs/bars/clubs etc. only accept the "prove it" card I think it is. It's not too strictly enforced though and you can probably get in if you're 16+ anyway.

Is there a something similar over there? Will need to make the necessary arrangements if there is.

Thanks again,
Jon
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:10 pm
If traveling in Florida don't forget along with proper i.d. to never be caught without your living will. Very Happy
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:19 pm
Jon, a club or pub here can lose their license, plus be responsible for YOU if there is a catastrophe involved with under aged drinking. Just make certain that anything you show is verifiable. Don't take chances, Brit.

As for Mr. Blue, keep in mind that he dwells in hangars with martians. Very Happy

as to his remark, there is a national and international to do about a case involving a woman who has been on life support for many years, and is a tug of war over living wills and such.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:26 pm
Letty wrote:
Jon, a club or pub here can lose their license, plus be responsible for YOU if there is a catastrophe involved with under aged drinking. Just make certain that anything you show is verifiable. Don't take chances, Brit.

As for Mr. Blue, keep in mind that he dwells in hangars with martians. Very Happy

as to his remark, there is a national and international to do about a case involving a woman who has been on life support for many years, and is a tug of war over living wills and such.

I prefer to think of it as an exclusive gated community catering to foreign dignitaries thank you . Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:37 pm
Very Happy Jon, say what you will of the U.S. we all have a sense of humour.
0 Replies