Why did my blood clot fall out of tooth site 2 days after wisdom tooth extraction?

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 12:44 am
Its been 3 days today that my bottom first molar was pulled.. theres no pain nothing I'm just wondering is it normal for the top clot to come off I can see deeper in the hole its closed.. I haven't messed with it I brush on the oppoaite side.. last night I thought I could eat some corn.. its been a few days simce extraction but a piece got caught in the hole and pulled a part of the clot off.. Then I wake up today and the rest of the white part is gone... Ive since then rinsed with salt water and with cold water.. zero pain only tender gums.. im assuming I'm completely fine.. I've still chosen to stay away from smaller harder foods for a whe longer now.. But it still seems impossible to keep all food out of that hole
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 587 • Replies: 6

jespah

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 06:10 am
@EllaBrownte,
Contact your dentist's office and ask them. That's what you pay them for.
0 Replies

DmitriyEpelboym

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 07:57 am
@EllaBrownte,
The blood clot is supposed to disintegrate after a couple of days following tooth extraction. And sometimes it can fall out in a piece at a time. So it’s completely normal and you should be fine, as long as there is no bleeding from that area. Just try to avoid eating on that side of the mouth for a couple of days.
0 Replies

katymick

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 02:14 am
@EllaBrownte,
Maybe the crown was not attached properly. So it is better to see your dentist so that he can clean the teeth to fix a crown again over it.
roger

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 02:19 am
@katymick,
What crown?
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 03:00 am
@roger,

the thing the sovereign wears, silly...
roger

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2018 03:42 am
@Region Philbis,
It must have rested uneasy upon his head.
0 Replies