Can you please let me know what might be causing the pain?

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 12:19 am
My wisdom tooth recently started to hurt. The pain comes and goes, so I’m assuming it can’t be all that bad. Can you please let me know what might be causing the pain? I want to hold off going to the dentist until it gets really bad and was hoping you can recommend a solution
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 985 • Replies: 7

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 04:13 am
@EllaBrownte,

you want to wait until it gets really bad? why??
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 04:45 am
@EllaBrownte,
Why didn't you ask your dentist about it when you got your molar pulled out three days ago?
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 06:09 am
Quote:
I want to hold off going to the dentist until it gets really bad

Clover lover why do you push
Why do you push, why do you push
Baby baby, you can't forget about me

I've been sitting at the back of your mouth
Back row upper lower north and south
Please don't ask me how I'm gunna get it out
No please don't ask me how I'm gunna get it out

Break enamel, with the back of your pick
Doesn't make sense just makes me sick
Baby, baby why you want to dig it out

Sooner or later I'll take my place
In the chair better fix my face
Please don't ask me how I'm gunna get it out
No please don't ask me how I'm gunna get it out

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 07:29 am
@EllaBrownte,
You could call the dentist and ask... you might not need to go in. The dentist is likely going to provide advice such as how you should monitor your pain and other symptoms that might warrant a visit. In other words the dentist may say if pain persists for 5 more days or increases in severity you need to come in.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 07:43 am
@EllaBrownte,
Given all of your dental / oral concerns, it really would be best to contact a dentist.

Quote:

Why did my blood clot fall out of tooth site 2 days after wisdom tooth extraction?

Wed 10 Oct, 2018 02:44 am - Its been 3 days today that my bottom first molar was pulled.. theres no pain nothing I'm just wondering is it normal for the top clot to come off I can see deeper in the hole its closed.. I... (view)
Can you please let me know what might be causing the pain?
Wed 10 Oct, 2018 02:19 am - My wisdom tooth recently started to hurt. The pain comes and goes, so I’m assuming it can’t be all that bad. Can you please let me know what might be causing the pain? I want to hold... (view)
How do I remove it permanently?
Tue 9 Oct, 2018 04:20 am - Every morning, no matter how much I brushed my tongue at night, a thick white coat is still on my tongue. How do I remove it permanently? (view)
0 Replies

DmitriyEpelboym

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2018 07:55 am
@EllaBrownte,
As temporary pain relief, you can try to do warm water and salt rinses every couple of hours or over-the-counter medications to help with the tooth pain. But, for a permanent solution, it’s best to go see a dentist and get an X-Ray done. Wisdom teeth are known to grow in incorrect angles, sometimes even completely sideways, which will cause intermittent pain when it starts to contact the other teeth. Or it could be trying to break through your gum line. So first you’ll need an x-ray to see what's going on. Then your dentist can make a recommendation on how best to proceed further based on the results of the x-ray.
0 Replies

katymick

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2018 04:04 am
@EllaBrownte,
Wisdom tooth will start to hurt when it grows in the inward direction, as it doesn't have enough space to grow outwards. That is why it is always advised to remove it once it starts to grow. It might cause some severe decaying to the other tooth as well. Dentist use Crowns- A tooth-shaped cap that will be fixed over the original tooth to prevent it from further decaying. This crowns can be made of Non- metals like porcelain, Metals-Stainless Steel Crowns or even Gold crowns.
0 Replies