WHY DO PEOPLE TRY TO FORCE THEIR RELIGION ON OTHERS??

NoNe

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 01:42 pm
booman2 wrote:
NoNe,
....When say "any stupid religion", do you mean all religions, or are there exceptions.

I mean Those newbie religions and their followers. I have a friend who goes sometimes to the meeting where they have their Prophet who shows them how to live. WTF? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 03:39 pm
real life, Are you one of those 'white trash' who hasn't learned anything? Krauts and nips?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 04:06 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
real life, Are you one of those 'white trash' who hasn't learned anything? Krauts and nips?
It was I who first mentioned those damnable names. I am so sorry. Embarrassed Now I may lose my Romulan citizenship and be deported to (gasp) earth when I am released.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 03:58 pm
God does not reside in the religion, although the religion might help you to realize that divinity. Every aspect of life - politics, economics, religion, art, culture, science, education - can be lived in such a way that what we call God can be known and expressed. The divine becomes a moment-to-moment experience. That is in fact what it is. It is not a man with a beard sitting up in the sky watching that you are not stealing, lying, or cheating. It is inside you; it is your sense of the divine inside that gradually changes you from lying, cheating, and stealing to not doing these things. Not because somebody is telling you that it is bad, but because you instinctively know that that is not the right way to live with your fellow human beings.

Whatever injures or harms another person is intuitively, instinctively, wrong. A change in behaviour comes about by self-observation and self-determination. These things fall away as you become more aware of, and imbued with, the quality of the soul. That will happen on a wider and wider scale as humanity ceases to compete and learns to cooperate - in the family, in the community, nationally and internationally
Very Happy
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 04:17 pm
" WHY DO PEOPLE TRY TO FORCE THEIR RELIGION ON OTHERS??"

A: some dont try.

i confess, i don't know WHY the ones who try to force their religion on others, actually attempt as much.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:58 pm
Love is a ceaseless flow of Divine effulgence. Sages call this Love, Soul. This Soul, which is full of Love, is shining in all hearts. Love, Soul and heart are synonyms for God.

For such pure Love, there cannot be any differences based on mine and thine. This Love is selfless.

Where there is confidence, there is Love. Where there is Love, there is Peace. Where there is Peace, there is Truth. Where there is Truth, there is Bliss. Where there is Bliss, there is God. :wink:
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 12:58 pm
Love is a ceaseless flow of Divine effulgence. Sages call this Love, Soul. This Soul, which is full of Love, is shining in all hearts. Love, Soul and heart are synonyms for God.

For such pure Love, there cannot be any differences based on mine and thine. This Love is selfless.

Where there is confidence, there is Love. Where there is Love, there is Peace. Where there is Peace, there is Truth. Where there is Truth, there is Bliss. Where there is Bliss, there is God. :wink:
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 06:27 pm
http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/spam.gifSpam us not, dear sir. We have had our fill!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/spam.gif
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:09 am
Indeed, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to convert us, Monsieur Aleksander.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 10:10 am
Yes exactly.My religion is the religion of Love.
It is the most powerfull force in the Solar system (fusion).
There is also another one unifing too it is called the "will power".
Lincoln your president was its representative... :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 03:22 pm
"Love is the most powerful force in the Solar system." ROFLMAO Guess you never heard of wars, hate, crime, stealing, murder, lies, prisons, and the atom bomb. Your ignorance is devine.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:50 pm
I finally figured it out. :wink: means he's pulling our collective leg.
0 Replies

shiyacic aleksandar

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 02:59 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
"Love is the most powerful force in the Solar system." ROFLMAO Guess you never heard of wars, hate, crime, stealing, murder, lies, prisons, and the atom bomb. Your ignorance is devine.

Mr ciceron your watchin TV too much as many Americans do!
This is Tele Poison!
Observe around you Mr Cic. and youll find out there is Love all around you.
What is this force that protects mankind from extinction or make that we have parents at our birth.This I call it the invisible force or Love and power of attracion(cohesion).What keeps solidarity among individuals in one country.It is still love(for the nation)
What is solidarity among nations of the world?
It is love of humanity and of unity.
What is the incredible power that keeps all the planets in our solar sys. the Sun and its formidable power of Attracion(love).Call it gravitation if you are a physicist,I dont care.
Verily,without love you d not be here mr. cicreon! :wink:
Please stop eating pop corns in front of Tp awake once for all to reallity! Very Happy
0 Replies

auroreII

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 03:09 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just wondering why people say that someone is wrong if they don't practice the same religion?

hingehead said
Because reality is consensual.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe Dr. Phil said that after working regularly with people and dealing with thoughts and ideas he believes there is no such thing as reality only a person's perception.

To say something is wrong is to make a judgement. The bible says we shouldn't judge. The bible says not to judge others and judge not thyself.
When we judge we set ourselves up as all knowing, perfect- something usually reserved for God. Romans 14:4
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 06:26 pm
Love may be all around you, but I constantly observe "wars, hate, crime, stealing, murder, lies, prisons, and the atom bomb" where I live. Your ignorance is devine. Call your local police department to find out how many crimes were committed today, this week, this month, and this year. You might get a clue as to what is happening all around this globe we call earth.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:21 pm
If something real happens in a forest and no one believes it, is it real?

Should be a no brainer. Truth and reality are not dependant on perception or belief.

BTW, What did you mean, CI, when you wrote:
Your ignorance is devine.
Question
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:23 pm
If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around, do the other trees rag him unmercifully?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:25 pm
Stranger things have been reported.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 01:31 am
If a man speaks in the forest, and there is not a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
0 Replies

diagknowz

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 01:47 am
The bible says not to judge others and judge not thyself.

Zzat so? "If we judge ourselves, we should not be judged [by God]" (1COR 11:31). And what about where Paul calls the Cretans liars?

Judgment in the sense of evaluation/discernment/rejecting falsehood and evil is s.th. of paramount importance in the Christian life.
0 Replies