Has the Schiavo case Become a Political Football?

Lash

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 09:16 pm
Edgar

That's bullshit.

We have gotten rid of a few. The Dems never admit when they're wrong.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 05:27 am
You have that reversed, Lash. Sorry to bust the bubble.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:16 pm
Edgar,
Did the Dems get rid of Jim McDermott?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:23 pm
Sandy Berger has intentionally broken Federal and National Security law, stealing sensitive documents, in an attempt to try to promote a Kerry Presidency. Democrats: National Security be damned, as long as we win office. Where's the outrage?

He's quietly pled guilty.

As usual.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:25 pm
NY Times - Page 10. LA Times front page but only a small headline below the fold. Evening news on the alphabet channels, nothing. If that was a key figure from the Bush administration we'd still hear the screaming. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:30 pm
He is not in office now and he is paying. No way he stacks up to DeLay anyway.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:33 pm
He makes DeLay chicken feed. If you don't get the proportion, ...<sigh>...another indictment of Democrats and National Security. Oil and water...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:36 pm
I know there are pervs and crooks on both sides of the aisle.

What pisses me off--and what underlines the STILL liberal press--is corrupt Democrats get a pass in the media, and the press howls about the Republicans as if they'd never seen corruption before.

McGreavey...? The whole Democratic machine in NJ should be nuked and rebuilt.

And, don't forget the Daley apparatus in Chicago, and the illegitimate Kennedy Presidency....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:39 pm
You darlin's have fulfilled my words about how the subject gets changed when we bring up Republican wrong doers. Here we are discussing DeLay, but all you want to do is bring in any Democrat you can think of instead. Thanks.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 04:49 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
You darlin's have fulfilled my words about how the subject gets changed when we bring up Republican wrong doers. Here we are discussing DeLay, but all you want to do is bring in any Democrat you can think of instead. Thanks.

No,its more a matter of revealing your hypocrisy.
We ALL KNOW that DeLay is an idiot,and that he most likely does not belong in the house.

If it will make you feel better,I will concede that he should be removed from office and shot for his crimes,ok.

BUT,you keep refusing to admit that the Dems have people just as guilty,and you have never called for their removal.

You defended Jim McDermott,you are defending Sandy Berger,you have defended Nancy Pelosi and every other Dem that has ethics problems.
You have defended a man that KILLED A WOMAN,you have defended a woman who is connected to an ILLEGAL campaign contribution.

When you acknowledge that the dems are just as dirty,and you call for the removal of ALL of the people with ethics problems,not just the repubs,then you will be credible.
But,your one sided,partisan attacks make you look like a fool,and not the fair minded person you claim to be.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 05:51 pm
Quote:

We ALL KNOW that DeLay is an idiot,and that he most likely does not belong in the house.

We do?

We don't believe DeLay is an idiot.

We believe that he is quite intelligent and that he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

The fact that he knows what he is doing makes it much, much more heinous.

If you want to find Dems as dirty as DeLay, you need to go back to '89 and '92. The people you listed don't even come close to being as scummy as he is.

Find out for yourself, here: www.houseofscandal.org

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 06:16 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

We do?

We don't believe DeLay is an idiot.

We believe that he is quite intelligent and that he knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

The fact that he knows what he is doing makes it much, much more heinous.

If you want to find Dems as dirty as DeLay, you need to go back to '89 and '92. The people you listed don't even come close to being as scummy as he is.

Find out for yourself, here: www.houseofscandal.org

Cycloptichorn

So now it depends on the DEGREE of corruption a Congressman commits?
How mant times can they be corrupt before they are forced out of office.
Tell me,does KILLING a person trump every degree of corruption?

Tell us all what your arbitrary number of times a congressman can be corrupt is.

Also,Jim McDermott committed a CRIME,in the legal sense ,AND the ethical sense,but the dems rallied around him and wont even let him be brought the ethics committee.
Why is that?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 06:38 pm
because "teamwork" like "patriotism" is blind, self-serving and obnoxious. Winning counts over everythig else.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2005 01:10 pm
Records released Friday by the Florida Department of Children and Families pursuant to a Thursday court order revealed no evidence that Terri Schiavo had been abused or exploited by either her husband Micheal Schiavo or her parents Robert and Mary Schindler. The agency investigated 89 complaints from as early as 2001 alleging that Schiavo was mistreated for financial gain by her husband and parents. Allegations that the Schindlers sold videos of Schiavo for profit and that Micheal Schiavo was misusing funds for his wife's rehabilitation were not supported by the report. Investigators' notes revealed that they often found her well cared-for when they visited her hospice.

Quote:
Fla. Finds No Abuse of Schiavo by Family

Apr 16

By VICKIE CHACHERE

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - State investigators found no evidence that Terri Schiavo had been abused or exploited by either side of her family, according to documents released by Florida's Department of Children and Families.

The agency investigated 89 complaints dating back to 2001, when Schiavo's feeding tube was removed for the first time and the legal battle surrounding her right-to-die case intensified.

The calls alleged that the brain-damaged woman was being mistreated by her husband and her parents for financial gain. One complaint alleged that Schiavo's parents were selling videos of her through a Web site; another said Schiavo's husband wasn't spending money intended for her rehabilitation.

But investigators said they found no evidence that either her husband or parents were exploiting her, and often noted in their records that they found Schiavo well cared for on their visits to her Pinellas Park hospice.

The agency released the records Friday under court order.

Schiavo, 41, died last month after her feeding tube was removed for the third time, ending a bitter court battle between her husband, Michael Schiavo, and parents, Robert and Mary Schindler, over whether she would have wanted to live in a vegetative state.

The repeated allegations of abuse were based partly on bone scans showing Terri Schiavo suffered fractures and statements she made to family and friends that she was unhappy in her marriage.

Schiavo's husband has denied harming his wife. His lawyer said the fractures resulted from osteoporosis caused by the woman's years of immobility and complications of her medication.

Robert Schindler declined to comment there on the release of the DCF documents. An attorney for Michael Schiavo did not immediately return calls.
Source
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 02:24 pm
Quote:
When you acknowledge that the dems are just as dirty,and you call for the removal of ALL of the people with ethics problems,not just the repubs,then you will be credible.

I will be the first to admit that ALL politicians are scum. I voted democrat for Kerry in 04 after voting for Bush in 00 solely because I thought that Kerry was the lesser scum of the two.

If you are trying to say that ALL politicians who have ethics problems should be thrown out of office, then we would probably have to entirely replace our government.

There are no uncorrupt politicians.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 03:14 pm
maporsche wrote:

There are no uncorrupt politicians.

hmmm, I can think of an example or two. How 'bout Pete Fitzgerald, one term Senator from IL who ran indicating he didn't want the job, but we needed some folks in Washington who weren't there for themselves. Many from IL wanted him to seek reelection but unfortunately he refused to run. He's not a career politician, but certainly a breath of fresh air. My other candidate would be Jim Jeffords, I-Vt. Elected as a Republican, Mr. Jeffords didn't like the games being played by the Bush administration and left the Republican party, became independent, and aligned himself with the Dems to take the Senate majority away from the Republicans. He needed to make a choice between his conscience and his party, and he chose his conscience. My kind of guy.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 03:23 pm
Why can we remember every minute detail of Terri Schiavo but can't remember it was Bin Laden, not Saddam Hussein, who was responsible for 9/11?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 03:31 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Why can we remember every minute detail of Terri Schiavo but can't remember it was Bin Laden, not Saddam Hussein, who was responsible for 9/11?

It's easier to go with the one you can find than the one you can't.

Oh, and according to Osama, its we who were responsible, not him.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 03:40 pm
mystery wrote:
Quote:
Also,Jim McDermott committed a CRIME,in the legal sense ,AND the ethical sense,but the dems rallied around him and wont even let him be brought the ethics committee.
Why is that?

OK. I'll bite.. what is the crime Jim McDermott committed? Do you really have any evidence of it?

As for not letting it be brought to the ethics committee. ROFLMBO.. what planet do you live on? Under the rules of the ethics committee it could be brought to them by any Congressman. The fact that the GOP hasn't brought up the complaint is hardly the fault of the democrats. Nor is it being blocked by the democrats since until last year any complaint went forward in spite of an entire party voting against investigating.

This is nothing but posturing on your part mystery. And quite funny posturing too.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:58 am
parados wrote:
mystery wrote:
Quote:
Why is that?

OK. I'll bite.. what is the crime Jim McDermott committed? Do you really have any evidence of it?

As for not letting it be brought to the ethics committee. ROFLMBO.. what planet do you live on? Under the rules of the ethics committee it could be brought to them by any Congressman. The fact that the GOP hasn't brought up the complaint is hardly the fault of the democrats. Nor is it being blocked by the democrats since until last year any complaint went forward in spite of an entire party voting against investigating.

This is nothing but posturing on your part mystery. And quite funny posturing too.
0 Replies