Has the Schiavo case Become a Political Football?

parados

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 11:47 am
Well Nimh...
We are right back where I jumped in. Lash will trot out a few crazies and claim they are mainstream. You can argue the alternative all day but you are only going to end up being sand.

(I was going to say "pounding sand" but for a brief moment I thought better of it.)

I am curious as to which thread is locked....... Oh, well.. More statements that Lash will claim and not back up.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 11:49 am
Lash wrote:
No, nimh. I'm compiling. Hence the #1....

Here's #2.

A former Vice President...candidate for President--and the NOMINEE. He would be considered mainstream, eh?

Do you accept the diagnosis, or do I have to defend it?

Nope, you have to defend it. SImply claiming someone is nuts doesn't make it so.

I can claim GW is nuts. Do you accept that or would I have to defend it?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 11:56 am
Lash wrote:
Do you accept the diagnosis, or do I have to defend it?

I don't accept the diagnosis. (For Gore, I mean, I'll buy McKinney but as said, raise you a Coburn).

parados wrote:
I am curious as to which thread is locked....... Oh, well.. More statements that Lash will claim and not back up.

I can help you out there Parados, no need to get snippy on that particular one count: Hillary is Poison!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:00 pm
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:01 pm
OK, I'll do a nimh-job of Mr Lockbox.

More to come.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:09 pm
BLITZER: I want to get to some of the substance of domestic and international issues in a minute, but let's just wrap up a little bit of the politics right now.

Why should Democrats, looking at the Democratic nomination process, support you instead of Bill Bradley, a friend of yours, a former colleague in the Senate? What do you have to bring to this that he doesn't necessarily bring to this process?

GORE: Well, I will be offering -- I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins. And it will be comprehensive and sweeping. And I hope that it will be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be.

But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.
--------
He invented the Internet. News to Jobs and Gates, I'm sure.

But that is not the biggie...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:20 pm
Internet of Lies

Claim: Vice-President Al Gore claimed that he "invented" the Internet.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:26 pm
This one is legitimately interesting. The narrative of the piece would seemingly be on "your side" of the argument. He says Gore has been maligned with inaccurate accusations of insanity or crazy lies--but then, as you read the quotes, you can ably see Gore DID intend for his statements to be taken as the truth-- "I started the investigations of Love Canal...I started the internet..."

I trust your honesty. Read HIS STATEMENTS, not how they are couched in this narrative, and tell me what you think. Did he intend to take credit for these things--and intentionally left himself wiggle room in case he was called on it?

Don't you think there were a few too many to leave doubt about his maniacal intentions?

Anyway. We'll see what you say.

Al Invents World!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:29 pm
Taken from CI's apologist narrative on Gore:

Whether Gore's statement that he "took the initiative in creating the Internet" is justified is a subject of debate.

It certainly is. Hence the debate.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:31 pm
Lash wrote:
Taken from CI's apologist narrative on Gore...

c.i. quoted the "Urban Legends Reference Pages" snopes.com and did neither apologize nor narrate anything.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:34 pm
You misunderstood, Walter. It is a narrative and it is apologist for Gore. CI brought it.

Therefore, it is as I said.
--------
Meanwhile, googling "Barbara Boxer nutjob" brought me back to A2K. LOL!!!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:35 pm
Thank you, Walter, for that clarification.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:48 pm
Would you defend Boxer as your average sensible politico?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 12:57 pm
Dean?
Kennedy?
Kerry?

Maybe someone could forward a few names of a band of six or seven they consider to be the mainstream of the Dem party? But that would HAVE to include the DNC chair....and we KNOW he's crazy.

They are all now playing to the fringies at MoveOn, where they get their money. Which has made them behave in a fringe manner.

Will wait for a defense.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:17 pm
I don't see any reference that refutes Snopes on Gore's statement.

Anyone have one?

I could as easily claim Bush is nutty since he stated that "Dissassemble" means to not tell the truth.

A single instance hardly makes Gore or Bush nutty. Particularly since the Gore statement has to be taken out of context and changed in order to attack him.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:20 pm
Snopes is not "an apologist" for Gore. They support their conclusions with facts unlike some people on a2k.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 01:51 pm
http://www.bartcop.com/schiavo-right.gif
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:06 pm
PDiddie, we need to see more of you. Love the cartoon.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:23 pm
Well, if you liked that one then you'll love this one:

http://www.bartcop.com/autopsy-blind.gif

BTW, when we saw them in Austin last weekend, Melissa, Ian, and Jillian said to say hi.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 26 Jun, 2005 02:33 pm
Wish we could have been there.
0 Replies