About a book and certain views Etc...

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 02:45 pm
I am in the middle of writing a book, that has to do with surviving Sexual abuse, drug addiction, and other malnutritions of society.
I have dedicated the book to people that have either died from these issues or that still struggle today. I also wish for all profits of the book to got to charity to help those that do suffer, especially the ones of low income and no insurance, I do not want to keep one cent from the book I want it to be out there to educate, and in turn also show certain people in a subtle way that they need to open their eyes to the real world and peoples real struggles not hide from them and be so self centered in their daily lifestyle because I know I can't change the world but I can open some eye's. All I really care about is showing support to those that need it. If I can get only one smile out of someone by being there for them, or open just one persons eyes a li'l bit wider than I have started and will be eternally grateful. Gandhi Quoted once that you must be the change you wish to see in the world. But I do not know where to really send it for best chances of publication, and also would like some feedback from all you members on your views on how these issues are treated, and what changes you would like to see done. any info will be very much appreachiated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,252 • Replies: 4
No top replies

MellowGemini

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 03:51 pm
More about my book and Etc...
I originally had a rough quick Manuscript written, but have decided to go deeper and do more studying, thus not only showing my views but also adding in info from outside resources. I want to donate all money to charity from printing/Publishing though would like to eventually set up own Non Profit Organization to help these people, where I would be able to provide services to these people for free. I wish to be a banyan tree that sinks its roots into the Earth, and grabs ahold so tightly.

Quote:
" A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step"
Lao-tzu
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 03:54 pm
More about my book and Etc...
I originally had a rough quick Manuscript written, but have decided to go deeper and do more studying, thus not only showing my views but also adding in info from outside resources. I want to donate all money to charity from printing/Publishing though would like to eventually set up own Non Profit Organization to help these people, where I would be able to provide services to these people for free. I wish to be a banyan tree that sinks its roots into the Earth, and grabs ahold so tightly.

Quote:
" A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step"
Lao-tzu
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 05:24 pm
I have posted a list of agents who reportedly do not charge upfront fees here.

I know that you said on the Realm that you were wary of using an agent or publisher but your only other option is self publishing.

I wish you luck!
0 Replies

morganwood

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 02:39 pm
Not having had the opportunity to read your manuscript: The issues you have chosen to addreess in one book are, indeed, deserving of a volumn in themselves. Each has it's own character and outcome.

I understand your desire to educate people but, educating them is one thing, moving them to action is quite another. Many of these issues are readily seen as a problem some one else has or, simply a character flaw and thus, a problem of character. Women are raped because of the way they dress, alcoholics lack will power, children are abused because the parents don't watch them closely enough and, afluence is a safeguard against all evil. People know that the issues exist but, most often, somewhere else. I have no idea what to do to correct the situation or perceptions. You know, there are people that do not believe that we landed on the moon!

As a School Psychologist, I was seldom successful in altering many peoples opinions that Mentally Impaired students should be set aside so as to protect other students and the foremost treatment for students who act out is either alternative schools or suspension/expulsion. In "The Point" the tree said, "People see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear." Twenty-some years later, I think it still holds true.
0 Replies