Happy Tree Friends and Friends

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:40 pm
Does anyone on A2K watch the cartoon happy tree friends and friends - (in Australia, Brisbane) its on SBS, Thursday 10-10:30. If so - what opinions? I know no one who watches it apart from me and from me...lets just say it is very very original. Its a cartoon but if little kids watched it - they would be traumatized, i believe. Either that or they would copy the cute violent characters...keep those kitchen knives away... Shocked and then Twisted Evil *heeeeeheeeeheee*
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,964 • Replies: 12
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:50 pm
i've got the first three dvd's and when i need a little cartoon violence and a good laugh, i fire them up

they're great
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:55 pm
djjd62 - how I agree with you. I love them but sometimes I can't bring myself to look at it because I feel ill. You know the episode where Lumpy gets his leg stuck under the tree and he took out a spoon? I got a funny feeling and looked away but my dad was watching it and I could see his face just changing to this weird expression.

I love it though - and the mole - he is so cute!! Have you noticed that he, being the blind one, ironically never gets injured? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:56 pm
PS - djjd62 - if you did watch the spoon episode - what did Lumpy do??
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 09:08 pm
if it's on my dvd's i've seen it, but i don't remember waht happened, i'll see if i can find it and let you know
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 09:54 pm
I find them a bit repetitive and find it a bit difficult to concentrate through the 30 second episodes. Since i've spent so much time in the company of dissected bodies, the violence doesn't bother me at all.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 04:49 pm
Odd Socks wrote:
Since i've spent so much time in the company of dissected bodies, the violence doesn't bother me at all.

Good for you odd socks. what do you do - something in the science/medical area? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 01:16 am
I don't think I will ever forget the episode (can't remember what its called) when Handy got squashed btwn two cars while Lumpy was shaving and driving at the same time...all that pink and red coming out of his head...ugh...
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:27 pm
Update: i found what what Lumpy did - He cut off the wrong leg. Rolling Eyes

I like Flaky - he's so cute and worrisome all the time.

BTW: ddj - i love your avatar. I am a fan of Tintin - have read all the comic books.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 10:08 am
Me n Tom rented the first one from blockbuster... and copied it so now we show it to every1 who hasn't already seen it whenever they're drunk!!
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:38 pm
Bekaboo wrote:
whenever they're drunk!!

at least you don't show it to everyone when they are eating!! :wink:
0 Replies

Flippy

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 12:55 am
Re: Happy Tree Friends and Friends
yeah i do, its the beat show ever!!!!!!!!!
My fav if Flippy!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 08:16 pm
I like the echinda guy - the one that's scared all the time about everything. reminds me abit of me.
0 Replies