Where is the US economy headed?

spendius

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 03:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
If the US economy goes, so does the world's.

No it doesn't. Your statement is circular. If there are people there is an economy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 05:03 pm
@spendius,
You purposely misinterpret my post. Go to hell!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 05:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My better half said she has prepaired me such a place. I think she calls it a ditch.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 11:25 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Are you just an idiot, or do you just play one on the internet?

Should I take this as you find no value in the DOW?

Have you not learned yet that you should ignore the drip? He is an obnoxious imbecile.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 11:29 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:
If the US economy goes, so does the world's.

No it doesn't. Your statement is circular. If there are people there is an economy.

I see that you are another literalist. Shame on you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 12:11 pm
@Advocate,
spendi has no concept of how the world's economy operates. Even small countries with fiscal problems impact the world's economy; spendi is clueless about what would happen when the biggest economy in the world goes down the drain.

spendi is ignorant in more ways than a fraction.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Advocate has no concept of how the world's economy operates. Even small countries with fiscal problems impact the world's economy; Advocate is clueless about what would happen when the biggest economy in the world goes down the drain.

Advocate is ignorant in more ways than a fraction.

Yep.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 09:05 am
http://api.ning.com/files/ifXSEHw7O0nLljzfSy*IOYlOXicnp5AnxaBZmyayhbckeGe8JmYfB5W1k2DYLJFIhqIcM*-6ufdPYmYgEqge-lRAU4jCVih9/barneyquits.jpg
spendius

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 09:46 am
@H2O MAN,
That's a hostage to fortune H2O. The method can be used by all parties for all sorts of reasons.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 09:08 pm
@spendius,
The Internet Sales Tax bill appears to be a step closer to passage as the Senate by a wide margin moved it forward Monday.
Good.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 09:19 pm
@realjohnboy,
I wonder if they'll go after bitcoin transactions?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 08:26 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

The Internet Sales Tax bill appears to be a step closer to passage as the Senate by a wide margin moved it forward Monday.
Good.

Imposing an internet sales tax is not a good thing for the US economy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 09:27 am
@H2O MAN,
You need to explain the why's.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Because.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 12:10 pm
@RABEL222,
Because, he "never" provides an explanation for his claims about any subject.

"The world is coming to an end." Why? When?

Statements without explaining them are useless and bone-headed. It's a childish game that goes nowhere.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 12:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Statements without explaining them are useless and bone-headed. It's a childish game that goes nowhere.

You need to realize that H2O's statements are true simply because he says they are. Facts just confuse the situation.

Amazon.com just built a new facility here in South Carolina. One of the things they got was a sales tax exemption. Try that if you are a mom & pop business.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:09 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Quote:

You need to realize that H2O's statements are true simply because he says they are. Facts just confuse the situation.

Amazon.com just built a new facility here in South Carolina. One of the things they got was a sales tax exemption. Try that if you are a mom & pop business.

If they get it even for sales out of state then I think we know why Amazon is now in favor of internet sales taxes. I think I recently heard that they did the same sort of deal with california.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:13 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

realjohnboy wrote:

Good.

Imposing an internet sales tax is not a good thing for the US economy.

It's another tax on the poor and powerless, that's why.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:34 pm
@IRFRANK,
I read some stories about the new Amazon plant in SC. The company supposedly agreed to spend $50M and create 400 jobs. The state and local governments promised new infrastructure (i.e. roads), real estate tax breaks for Amazon and the aforementioned "sales tax exception." I don't quite understand the details of the last concession.
These types of deals by governments hungry for development strike me as unhealthy. The numbers are spongy at best and there is too much opportunity for corruption.
The most egregious examples are the deals to lure or keep professional sports franchises where civic pride too often clouds sound planning.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:55 pm
@realjohnboy,
As I understand it, Amazon is making changes to game the new internet sales tax.
They will survive the change, but most of their competition can not afford the additional time and cost involved in collecting and paying sales tax to all of the states they ship retail sales to. It's hard enough for a small business to keep up with in-state internet sales tax... complying with a national internet sales tax combined with compliance with Obamacare will kill off many small businesses and I think this is exactly what Obama and his ilk want.