Where is the US economy headed?

parados

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 10:17 am
@H2O MAN,
And with your tinfoil hat, you are the only one capable of seeing past his deception.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 10:20 am
@parados,
All while the US economy continues to grow as the GOP continues to create handicaps to pass legislation that would help small businesses.

Wow, what a thinker!
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 12:22 pm
@parados,

Evidently I'm just one of just a few here on A2K that can see through the liberal smoke screens
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 12:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,

The US economy continues to shrink and Obama needs to be held accountable for the damage he has caused.
parados

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 01:04 pm
@H2O MAN,
Meanwhile back in the real world....

The US economy continues to grow.

http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdp_large.gif
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 02:33 pm
@parados,
And...
Dow down 265 today (-1.8%)
Gold down to 1365 (- 10% almost)
Oil down to $89/bbl (-3.4%)
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 02:34 pm
@parados,
What is so amazing about that chart is how Obama was able to turn around GW Bush's Great Recession after the first quarter in office.

I call it a "miracle." watersquirt thinks our economy is getting worse.

There's no c.......
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 02:42 pm
@realjohnboy,
John, My funds excluding my bond funds have increased over 10% as of last Friday. Me worry? As long as our overall economy shows strengths in home buying/selling, increasing manufacturing at home, and my observations about how most in the leisure industry continues to grow, I have faith that the US economy will continue to grow.

I just returned from a cruise vacation in Portugal. AMA Waterways is fully booked for this year, and over 80% of their customers are Americans. Because of the flooding of Douro River, and we could cruise for only two days out of the seven, the owners of the company have given us 100% full credit for a future cruise.

The flights going and returning from Portugal were all fully booked.

Hotel occupancy rates in the San Francisco Bay Area is over 85%, and more hotels are in the planning.

There's good news out there, but the media seems to favor bad economic news over the good stuff happening. People's perception seems to lean towards "it's getting worse."

I see the cup as half full.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 03:36 pm

Nation's biggest movie theater chain cuts workweek, blaming ObamaCare
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 03:43 pm
@H2O MAN,
It's just that you haven't noticed the drop in movie theater attendance for several decades. There's no cu......

Quote:
Movie Attendance Likely To Drop In 2013, And Beyond: Report

By DAVID LIEBERMAN, Executive Editor | Tuesday April 9, 2013 @
Bond analysis firm Fitch Ratings offers its bracing analysis of the movie exhibition industry a week ahead of theater owners’ annual CinemaCon trade show in Las Vegas. The company forecasts a “modest” decline in 2013 ticket sales and long-term challenges that should “cause concern” for lenders.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 03:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
Regal Movie Theaters announce they don't give a damn about their employees.
Employers that don't care about their employees usually don't care about their customers. I doubt I will go to a Regal theater any time soon.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 03:58 pm

Obama has made it clear that he doesn't give a damn about Americans.

Obama's actions and policies make it clear that he does not want the economy to improve.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:02 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

Obama has made it clear that he doesn't give a damn about Americans.

Holy ****, He said that or is this some sort of interpretation that you were able to make yourself believe? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:24 pm
It is amusing how many failing businesses blame Obamacare.
The movie theaters have been in decline for years!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:38 pm
@realjohnboy,
It's a wonder watersquirt didn't notice the decline during GW Bush's tenure.
LOL

Quote:
The number of cinema sites in the U.S. has decreased since the mid-nineties but has been virtually stable for the last 5 years. The biggest cinema circuits in the U.S. are Regal and AMC with 548 and 378 sites respectively.

And this,
Quote:
Chiller theater: Movie attendance sinks to 1995 level
By CLAIRE ATKINSON
Last Updated: 3:58 AM, July 24, 2012
Posted: 12:07 AM, July 24, 2012
Hollywood’s financial future is scarier than anything shown on the big screen.

Attendance at the movies last year was the lowest since 1995, and per-person attendance fell to a 25-year low — in particular among younger consumers who frequent the cinema most often, a new report shows.

More home entertainment options, better gadgetry and a shrinking theatrical-release window were among the reasons given by Goldman Sachs analysts Drew Borst and Fred Krom.

Even more frightening, rising ticket prices — the lone driver of box-office revenue growth for the past decade — may be slowing as fans opt out of higher-priced formats such as 3D. Since January, 3D ticket sales have dropped from 45 percent to 34 percent of the box office.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:42 pm

Most wonder if cice the impotent will quit playing with Collies long
enough to realize Obama is already on his second term as president
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
And you hate that, because most peoples lives improved after GW Bush! LOL
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:53 pm

Meanwhile, Obama's policies drag the US economy down and it's citizens down with it.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:56 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Meanwhile, Obama's policies drag the US economy down and it's citizens down with it.

Do you think that the Dow is an indicator of how the economy is doing under a republican president?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:59 pm
@reasoning logic,

No.

Do you?