Where is the US economy headed?

Krumple

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 08:20 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
From a Darwinian perspective slavery was a good thing because it promoted African genetic material into new regions. It extended the domain of that genetic material.

It has nothing to do with darwinian philosophy. If slavery in the US (because you don't specify where since just about every country had slavery at one time) had not occured there still would have been africans that would eventually travel to the US.

You make it sound as if it could never have occured. Of course they would have traveled to the the US. Maybe not during the time of slavery but eventually they would have. There would have been genetic crossing at a later point is all.

So it is incredibly silly to say slavery had something to do with genetic diversity of africans.
spendius

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 09:16 am
@Krumple,
That's a stupid response Krumpie. The question is far too complex for any sweet and easy statements of that nature.

Read The United States: The History of a Republic by Hofstadter, Miller and Aaron and then get back to me. If you're not up for that keep your idiotic superficialities to your intimate circles.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 09:20 am
@reasoning logic,
I was not talking about any slavery of mine. The question related to slavery. Not to me.

I'm not about to start the useless task of rewriting history so that I can be approved of by a bunch of uneducated phoney liberals. I would go see a doctor if any of them approved of me.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 02:53 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I was not talking about any slavery of mine. The question related to slavery. Not to me.

It's OK spendius I was not looking for you to be responsible.
spendius

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 02:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
Holy ****!! You asked the question was or is slavery a good thing. I answered it. I said I didn't know.

What's your answer?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 03:07 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Holy ****!! You asked the question was or is slavery a good thing. I answered it. I said I didn't know.

I tried to share a litle scociology with you below but you did not seem to find value in it.

Really? So if someone came in the middle of the night and took you to a different country so that you could be their slave, "you still would not know whether it was a good thing or not?

Maybe you think that it is more of a subjective thing?

How about this then. If you were a young lad and one of your teachers that wore the long robe was making you into his sex slave several times a day but then another long robe teacher found out and took you from him and threaten to report the other teacher but instead relocated him.

Now this other teacher who is watching over you, he is a pedophile as well but he only has an interest in you once a day unlike your old sex slave master, Does this mean that your new slavery is a good thing?

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 03:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Really? So if someone came in the middle of the night and took you to a different country so that you could be their slave, "you still would not know whether it was a good thing or not?

For sure. Suppose it was Barbara Stanwyck.

The rest of your post is simply embarrassing. You continually displaying one of your obsessions is excruciatingly embarrassing. Toe curling kit.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 03:26 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
For sure. Suppose it was Barbara Stanwyck

Yes people likeBarbara Stanwyck may have been interested in people like spendius to become their sex slaves. Rolling Eyes
Yes it was very probable that people who looked like Barbara Stanwyck had an interest in sex slaves.
Atom Blitzer

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 03:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
Slavery? Do I have a choice?

I do try to be the slave of logic and reason and once a while I like to rebel against my master, only to be captured by ignorance. But that master is worse than the previous master. I'm a slave anyway you look at it. We're all slaves.
How do we free ourselves?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 03:45 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Quote:
I'm a slave anyway you look at it. We're all slaves.
How do we free ourselves?

It seems to me that when we are able to acknowledge our own slavery is the moment when we become closer to being free from it.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 04:37 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
I like listening to theist and atheist alike and their veiw points about reality. I often enjoy listening to this theist even though he may have some of what he shares wrong.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 04:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
Hadn't thought of that had you rl? You having a bit of a thing about men in dark robes.

Had I lived in central Africa at the time I would have laid low listening to the whores who serviced the slave ship crews to find out which ship provided the most luxurious crossing and got the most passengers to America safely. When I had established which ship was the best I would have walked up the gangplank and announced "I wanna be a slave Massa".

The wheat and corn ships exporting to Europe offered cheap crossings to immigrants rather than return empty and conditions on a lot of them left much to be desired. As did conditions in the city slums where most of them ended up.

You don't know what you are talking about except that it wows the old dears with whom I am forced to conclude you mix with.

Try the Congo in the 1750s if you want a bundle of laughs.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 05:10 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
When I had established which ship was the best I would have walked up the gangplank and announced "I wanna be a slave Massa".

I would only expect this from you spendius. Wink

Quote:
Try the Congo in the 1750s if you want a bundle of laughs.

Why would I do that when I can read your literature?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 10:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
"Romney pounces on disappointing job news," but he must not be aware that there's a world recession going on.

I doubt very much Romney really understands "business." When there's a world recession, it means demand for goods and services are down. Increasing jobs is futile, and will destroy already established companies by spending more than income, and it will only increase inventory - similar to what's happening in China.

Romney complains about Obama's inability to create jobs, but somebody needs to tell Romney that our unemployment rate is low compared to other developed countries.

Also, the GOP has been decimating government jobs, and that results in less consumer spending.
That's Econ 101.

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 10:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Romney pounces on disappointing job news," but he must not be aware that there's a world recession going on.

neither party shows any awareness of how much trouble our economy is in, or of how deeply the American people are hurting economically. for every new job last month 4 people gave up looking for work. the 18-24 youth are less often employed in any capacity or wage than has been the case since the 1950's. this is food for revolution. our leaders are either not being honest or else they are out of touch with reality. for a huge chunk of Americans, possibly the majority, we are already living in depressionary times.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 10:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
I agree that the messages are out of touch; it's not about why Obama is not creating more jobs.

It's the economy, stupid! It's the same as blaming our president for gas prices by some conservatives. No one person controls gas prices; it's a world commodity based on supply and demand.

The president does not create jobs; it's based on world supply and demand.

There's a Great Recession going on, and demand for all goods and services are very weak. Even China can't sell their goods.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 11:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I agree that the messages are out of touch; it's not about why Obama is not creating more jobs.

if politicians did not want to get blamed when jobs disappear then they should not have taken credit for creating jobs as they have all during my lifetime. living by the sword means that you die by the sword as well so I have no sympathy for Obama on this. But it is another illustration of how poorly educated and stupid the American people are. a significant part of this poor education is the result of politicians lying to us routinely.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 12:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
When you say "politicians lying" do you mean all politicians or just democratic ones?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 01:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's not just the politicians, but the media that implies that presidents are responsible for the unemployment rate, ergo jobs. It's all screwed up! People can only relate to what they hear over and over - even when the message is wrong. Presidents and heads of state can influence the economy, but they cannot create jobs; that's what private citizens and corporations do when there is enough demand for their goods and services.

That's just common sense; which seems to be lacking.

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 01:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Agreed....you no doubt have run accross me bemoaning the death of journalism as well as mocking the stupidity of many of the current so called journalists.

It does get back to the lack of grounding and the poor morals of the masses. This is at root a collective spiritual failure. I think that you are right as far as you go but that your personal distaste for religion keeps you from seeing that the common cause for much of what ails us is spiritual.