Notes (revised)

jjorge

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 03:17 pm
Letty wrote:
Well, jjorge. Welcome back, dear.

Aside from a couple of typos, and the last "to..."

I think your revision is approaching it's final destination.

Hi Letty,
I hope you are well and happy...and far, far from this chilling blizzard which engulfs us nortenos. (sorry for the missing tilde)

I'd be obliged if you point out the typos to me but the last 'to' is the way I intended it. If you re-read it you'll see my intention.

affectionately, jjorge
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 03:26 pm
No problem in Florida, jjorge, but I just noticed that the nor'easter is sweeping from Virginia to Maine.

I think you meant "does a bird know how to sigh."

How very interesting that you intended the"to long" to be your choice. It now conjures up a different image.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 04:02 pm
Letty wrote:
No problem in Florida, jjorge, but I just noticed that the nor'easter is sweeping from Virginia to Maine.

I think you meant "does a bird know how to sigh."

How very interesting that you intended the"to long" to be your choice. It now conjures up a different image.

darn, that's what i get for not using spell-check! You are right of course. I did intend '...does a bird...' not '...doe a bird...' how frustrating that i can't edit it. (it seems to me we used to be able to do so)

Yes, that single o alters the meaning significantly. I made the decision some time ago that I wanted to say BOTH things in the four repetitions of too long. To me they are two kinds of pain ie:

1. "Too long...too long..."

(It's been too long or 'I miss you')

and

2. "too long...to long"

(this longing has gone on for such a long time!)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 04:08 pm
jjorge, you can still edit, I think. Let me try, and I now understand your use of the phrase "to long" from sigh to song to long.

I just edited the "understan" to read understand, but I think you must now edit before a reply is sent.
0 Replies