Trouble

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:21 am
Hey im a young performer and im just having trouble because i know i can sing so much better than i do when i perform, i always hold back and no matter what i do i never go for it while performing, any suggestions
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 659 • Replies: 2
No top replies

panzade

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:28 am
Pick an audience member and sing directly to them. Works for me...preferably a cute girl...try to impress her.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 11:25 am
Hi Singerboy and welcome to a2k. I imagine you've practiced the songs at home before singing. The usual fear is that that you'll hit notes too high for you to reach. Try them first so there are no surprises waiting for you. It sounds also as if you're more concerned with the audience than you should be. Reduce the numbers of the audience by concentrating on an individual or group. The fear automatically diminishes. My problem was tempo. In my natural baritone voice I couldn't keep up to a fast tune. I started singing at a higher octave and my speed of delivery picked up tremendously. Hope some of this helps you.
0 Replies