Shep Smith: Journalists are not the enemy of the people

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2018 07:08 pm
@vikorr,
It takes two to battle. Wink
camlok

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2018 07:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It takes an intellectual coward to avoid facing reality, ci. Why do you avoid facing reality?

How did Arab hijackers melt/vaporize WTC structural steel? That question has been asked many times to you USGO Conspiracy Theorists and not a one of you has had an answer.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2018 09:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yeah. I think about that. Should stop getting sucked into his insanity.
camlok

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2018 09:08 pm
@vikorr,
What vikorr really meant.

Thanks for throwing me the lifeline, ci.

Quote:
Should stop getting sucked into his insanity.

Lying is congenital for you, isn't it, vikorr? It's not my ideas, my science, my evidence, it's the years long studies of 3000 plus top experts in building science and science in general.

You have been told about this big lie you keep advancing and you just can't stop lying.

What have you brought to the table?
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Why would I feel the need to address all the 'impossibilities'?

You never addressed even one of the impossibilities. You avoided them like the plague because you knew addressing one would require you to declare the USGOCT a complete falsehood.

Quote:
I've seen many examples of experts who got it utterly wrong.

Correct, that would be NIST. Not only did NIST get it wrong, they lied their way to their unscientific, irrational, reality denying conclusions.

But you know this, without any doubt. You know the USGOCT is a lie, start to finish, you know NIST's study is a lie, start to finish, but still you deceptively pretend otherwise.

“The manner of free-fall collapse of all the structures required removal of all structural support and the horizontal expelled matter required an introduced horizontal force.”
— Frankie Lee, P.E., engineering consultant with over 30 years of experience on construction-related projects and 20 years of working as a civil engineer.

That leaves you [and all the other science deniers] in the same position as, equivalent to, Nazi death camp guards who lied to their families and friends.

“Real investigations by the National Transportation Safety Board, Chemical Safety Board, etc., are thorough and to the highest ethical and professional standards — using all available evidence to arrive at logical, science-based conclusions. This type of investigation has yet to occur for the events of 9/11. The current dubious conclusions of the 9/11 investigation require cherry-picked evidence, a secret model that is off limits to peer review, and exclusion of contradictory evidence. The process used was anything but scientific.”
— Daniel Lambesis, chemical engineer with over 30 years of experience in the chemical industry.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 12:52 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Yeah. I think about that. Should stop getting sucked into his insanity.

Any port in a storm for a coward, right, vikorr? You cling to whoever will throw you a lifeline, no matter how flimsy it is. In this case it was the coward, cicerone imposter.

Insanity is denying reality. That is you [and the others], not me or any other person who believes in the truth, in science, like the 3,000 architects and engineers of AE911Truth.

Insanity is denying the indisputable science. That is you [and the others], not me or any other person who believes in the truth, in science, like the 3,000 architects and engineers of AE911Truth.

Insanity is those who pretend to believe the USGOCT when they know full well that it has zero chance of being true. That is you [and the others], not me or any other person who believes in the truth, in science, like the 3,000 architects and engineers of AE911Truth.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 06:22 pm
And it comes full circle.

Fox News Anchor Goes Off On Donald Trump: ‘Bullying Journalists Is Not Presidential’

Julie Banderas blasted the president while defending her colleagues John Roberts and Gillian Turner on Twitter Monday.

By Hayley Miller

Fox News anchor Julie Banderas on Monday lashed out at President Donald Trump after he attacked her colleagues on Twitter a day earlier.

Trump, who regularly bashes media outlets such as CNN and NBC, took aim at two new targets in a tweet Sunday night: Fox News’ John Roberts and Gillian Turner. It was a rare moment of criticism from the president toward his favorite cable news network.

“Never thought I’d say this but I think [Roberts] and [Turner] @FoxNews have even less understanding of the Wall negotiations than the folks at FAKE NEWS CNN & NBC!” the president tweeted.

Banderas, who frequently appears on Fox News’ “Outnumbered,” slammed Trump in a series of tweets Monday, lambasting him for “bullying” and “insulting” her fellow journalists.

“This is NOT right,” she tweeted. “They don’t deserve this. No reporter does. They are doing their jobs and reporting the facts.”

She added: “Our jobs are not meant to please others. But the office of the @POTUS ought not to be the one lashing out. That’s not how this country works. That’s not how Freedom of the Press works. ... Bullying journalists is not Presidential. Period.”

Julie Banderas
@realDonaldTrump This is NOT right. I stand by my colleagues @johnrobertsFox and @GillianHTurner They don’t deserve this. No reporter does. They are doing their jobs and reporting the facts. They are not opinion journalists and deserve the respect from the @WhiteHouse they cover.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Never thought I’d say this but I think @johnrobertsFox and @GillianHTurner @FoxNews have even less understanding of the Wall negotiations than the folks at FAKE NEWS CNN & NBC! Look to final results! Don’t know how my poll numbers are so good, especially up 19% with Hispanics?
7:41 AM - Jan 28, 2019
ut this

Julie Banderas
We can and do stand plenty of criticism every day which is fine coming from everyday viewers. Our jobs are not meant to please others. But the office of the @POTUS ought not to be the one lashing out. That’s not how this country works. That’s not how Freedom of the Press works.

OhioMark
@MarkH1951
Replying to @JulieBanderas and 4 others
Can't stand some criticism, time to find a new line of work.
7:55 AM - Jan 28, 2019

Julie Banderas
By going on Twitter and insulting two of our journalists @realDonaldTrump is putting a target on their backs. In turn his followers will then attack @johnrobertsFox and @GillianHTurner in support on Twitter. Bullying journalists is not Presidential. Period.

Dennis Mark
@DJMESQ53
Replying to @JulieBanderas and 4 others
You’re one of my favorites Julie but you missed the point on this one by calling it “not “ right. Everyone is entitled to have and express their opinion. You can disagree but calling it not right goes a bit too far...
17:59 AM - Jan 28, 2019

Julie Banderas
I have always stood up for journalists no matter what network they work for. We all should support each other.

Jen Moody
@JimMood50830760
Replying to @JulieBanderas and 5 others
Very true. But where have you been the last few years? Trump has criticized virtually EVERY OTHER REPORTER ON THE PLANET (other than Fox). Where were you when targets were being put on their backs?
8:20 AM - Jan 28, 2019

Neither Fox News nor the White House immediately responded to HuffPost’s requests for comment.

Trump routinely tears into reporters and tries to undermine the free press by accusing the “fake news” media of acting as the “enemy of the people.” In November, the White House was forced to restore press credentials for CNN’s Jim Acosta after it stripped him of his pass following a heated exchange with Trump during a press conference.

The president tweeted earlier this month that he had told White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders “not to bother” with press briefings, claiming without evidence that reporters often cover her “rudely” and “inaccurately.”

“This retreat from transparency and accountability sets a terrible precedent,” White House Correspondents’ Association President Olivier Knox said in a statement at the time. “Being able to question the press secretary or other senior government officials publicly helps the news media tell Americans what their most powerful representatives are doing in their name.”

coldjoint

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 09:56 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
“This retreat from transparency and accountability sets a terrible precedent,”

After 8 years of Obama they have the nerve to complain? Especially about accountability. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 06:56 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

She added: “Our jobs are not meant to please others. But the office of the @POTUS ought not to be the one lashing out. That’s not how this country works. That’s not how Freedom of the Press works. ... Bullying journalists is not Presidential. Period.”

For a long time I have noted how the media has subtle authoritarian effects over how individuals receive and orient toward information. If the people refuse to question media and journalism, than isn't it part of the executive's job to set an example? I.e. to lead? The media should disrupt authoritarian/fascist trends by questioning authority, but they shouldn't go completely in the opposite direction and facilitate a form of anti-authoritarian populism that amounts to fascism as much as a fuhrer-cult would.

Quote:
“This retreat from transparency and accountability sets a terrible precedent,” White House Correspondents’ Association President Olivier Knox said in a statement at the time. “Being able to question the press secretary or other senior government officials publicly helps the news media tell Americans what their most powerful representatives are doing in their name.”

Sarah Sanders said that the White House was tired of having journalists use press meetings as a chance to audition for media jobs. That is a valid critique. When journalists are wasting time with sensationalism, it obstructs and obfuscates the potential for good journalism/discourse. Journalists should go beyond seeking ratings, jobs, and money.

If everyone is so concerned about bribery/money driving government, why not about it driving journalism and media?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 02:01 pm
@livinglava,
Quote:
For a long time I have noted how the media has subtle authoritarian effects over how individuals receive and orient toward information. If the people refuse to question media and journalism, than isn't it part of the executive's job to set an example? I.e. to lead? The media should disrupt authoritarian/fascist trends by questioning authority, but they shouldn't go completely in the opposite direction and facilitate a form of anti-authoritarian populism that amounts to fascism as much as a fuhrer-cult would.
No. Our Constitution guarantees a free press. It's up to the individual to determine what is in the best interest of ourself and country. By our free press, most of us learned who Donald Trump was before he decided to run for office. His background in NYC has been one of bigotry, scamming, lies, and cheating on all his wives. His wealth was inherited, and he declared bankruptcy at least four times. If people can't decide what kind of person Donald Trump is by now, we can't blame it on the media.
One caveat; it's been determined by people who study the media have made the claim that it is left of center. I think that's the correct conclusion. Democrats gave us social security, Medicare, and The Civil Rights Act of 1964. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964 More jobs were created under democrat presidents than republican presidents. http://www.truthfulpolitics.com/http:/truthfulpolitics.com/comments/u-s-job-creation-by-president-political-party/ As a democracy, all voters have the right to choose who they vote for. Some of us have become an Independent, because it allows us to pick who we determine as the best president rather than being forced to pick the party's choice.
Real Music

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 02:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I Agree
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 03:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

No. Our Constitution guarantees a free press. It's up to the individual to determine what is in the best interest of ourself and country. [/quote]
Yes, everything should be up to 'the individual,' but what about when individuals coordinate their individual actions to team up and exercise collective power to supercede the power of other individuals? Using freedom and 'individualism' as an OS for collectivism/authoritarianism/fascism is disturbing and not the intent of the constitution.
Real Music

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 06:51 pm
@livinglava,
John Oliver discusses the growing number of authoritarian leaders around the world, their common characteristics,
and whether or not one of them is currently our president.

Published Nov 18, 2018
coldjoint

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 06:54 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
John Oliver

Hack city.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 08:20 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
John Oliver discusses the growing number of authoritarian leaders around the world, their common characteristics, and whether or not one of them is currently our president.
Does anyone actually have any doubt that Trump is, at heart, an authoritarian type of leader? Personally, I don't have any doubt that if he was able, he'd make himself dictator of the U.S.
Real Music

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 11:29 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
Does anyone actually have any doubt that Trump is, at heart, an authoritarian type of leader? Personally, I don't have any doubt that if he was able, he'd make himself dictator of the U.S.

I suspect that most people clearly know this to be true., even if some refuse to admit it.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 11:45 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
I suspect that most people clearly know this to be true., even if some refuse to admit it.

The only thing that is clear is that after 8 years of Obama I see people smiling again. Trump has not even attempted the authoritative crap Obama pulled. Hypocrites with very short memories.
farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2019 12:26 am
@coldjoint,
by virtue of the election alone, you are engaging in "the Big Lie". Since most Americans DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP, I would conclude by math alone, that the majority of folks are NOT smiling about the 'Antics" ofthis lying sack a ****. You must live in a commune of MAGA men.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2019 12:51 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Since most Americans DID NOT VOTE FOR TRUMP,

You can say that till you a blue in the face. I do not know what it gets you. Looks like what your cows leave behind. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2019 02:37 am
Trump's First Cabinet Meeting Turns Into An
'Amazing' Butt-Kissing Session

Published June 13, 2017
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:16:18