Be Glad if You Don't Live in Egypt

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2018 09:20 am
As far as I can see, an Egyptian court sentenced 75 people to death for participation in a sit-in demonstration.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/egyptian-court-sentences-75-to-death-for-their-involvement-in-a-2013-sit-in-2018-07-28/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,251 • Replies: 3
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 01:07 am
@Brandon9000,
Remember how the legitimate, elected government was overturned in a military coup that had the West's backing.

Be thankful you live in a country where you can vote for your representatives not have foreign powers lead by America decide that for you.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 06:58 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Remember how the legitimate, elected government was overturned in a military coup that had the West's backing.

Be thankful you live in a country where you can vote for your representatives not have foreign powers lead by America decide that for you.

I thought that president el-Sisi came to power in an election in 2014. How is his election the West's fault? By the way, I still don't want to live in a country where you get the death penalty for a peaceful sit-in.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2018 03:44 pm
@Brandon9000,
It was a coup followed by an "election" which only happened because America allowed it.

If you don't think that's anything to do with the West you're even more of a lickspittle than I thought you were.
0 Replies