Saw Motley Crue Last Night...

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 01:13 pm
Very last minute, grabbed some tickets to the Motley Crue in Boston last night. The very first concert I went to was these guys, I think I was 13, and was absolutely blown away. At that time I was borderline...no, fully obssessed with these guys. I memorized every song on every album.

Anyway, when I heard they were coming a few months ago, I decided not to get tickets, thinking they were just touring around half-ass collecting some money, probably wouldn't put on a good show, and I didn't want to ruin my memory of the first concert. And I went to Atlantic City Friday night, was supposed to stay Saturday, and that fell through. On the way back Saturday my buddy was reading the NY Post and read a review of their show in NY, which said they were awesome....I got on the horn, called another friend who got us tickets.

All I have to say is...HOLY SH*T! These guys put on a sick show. Midgets, contorsionists, strippers, pyrotechnics, ect. Tommy Lee came out at one point with a video camera getting girls to flash him...of course they displayed it on the big screen.

Mick Mars, the guitarist, has had hip replacement surgery and has a degenerative spine disease, so he's hobbling around stage hunched over...and played kick-ass guitar.

The energy from the crowd was non-stop, the place was sold out and going nuts. Of course there was the expected mullets walking around, which led to some quality people watching.

Has anyone else ever seen these guys?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,663 • Replies: 18
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 03:01 pm
No, but I read Mars is pretty brave to be performing.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 03:05 pm
No, and I never intend to either.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 03:45 pm
I wasn't as in to them as you apparently were -- they were a little past my prime concert-going age -- but I had a few of their tapes (see how this dates me?). Never saw them.

Mick Mars is kind of god-like with a guitar, though.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 03:54 pm
panzade wrote:
No, but I read Mars is pretty brave to be performing.

I recently read their book "Dirt," and he writes he's had the spine thing for a long time...he had shooting pains going through him when he was playing in the 80's, and now he's up there all hunched over. Guy's definitely got some balls, but he played great.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 04:27 pm
I've seen them - probably a few years before you did. They opened for either Ozzy or Judas, I can't remember (eye roll).

Why the hell didn't you get me a ticket!?!?!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 05:14 pm
littlek wrote:
Why the hell didn't you get me a ticket!?!?!

Na-na-na-na-na-na, I saw Motley Crue-oo!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 05:24 pm
byotch.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 05:25 pm
Or is that, beeotch.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:23 pm
Since it's not a real word, I'll allow you to spell it anyway your little heart desires.

Beee-yotch.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:37 pm
You're too kind.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 12:49 am
Slappy....you BASTID!!!!! This will probably be the one and only time you ever see me whine....

No! no! It shoulda been ME!! ::sob, sob:: It's not fair! ::sob, sob:: I can't....c c c can't take it anymore.... ::sob, sob::

You lucky brat, you! Smile
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:34 am
Re: Saw Motley Crue Last Night...
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
All I have to say is...HOLY SH*T! These guys put on a sick show.

This is interesting info. I was a huge fan too. Too Fast For Love and Shout at the Devil are still two of my favorite all-time albums, and, like you, I never would have thought to go see them. Hmm ...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:46 am
Yea, before I read a review of a show in NY, I figured they'd just be going through the motions to make $$...but they played like they did when I saw them on the Dr. Feelgood tour.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:47 am
Shocked
I didnt know they were on tour??Slappy, im jealous!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:51 am
Well woman, once you lop that hair off, you'll be able to see what's going on in the world.

Except that hair would have been perfect at the show.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:54 am
Oh yyyeeaaah it would!

I am a little behind..
it isnt like you didnt see them almost a friggin month ago. Mad

Mad jealousjealous jealous Mad
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:54 am
Crue, Priest, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, this is a great year for the classic metal. I'm going to have to sell some plasma for ticket money.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:06 am
Queensryche was here in town abour 2 months ago..
I DO like them, but in my mind they didnt warrant a 30 dollar ticket.
Small bar, 2 or 3 tables, nah.. I would have liked to see them but I never really thought they were THAT great.
Mostly it was a girl thing.. I just wanted to see the singers clothes just accidently fall off or somethin.. Embarrassed
THAT would be worth 30 bucks.. Very Happy

IRON MAIDEN
Mr Wolf got to see them last year. Lucky bastid. I was sick and absolutly could not make it. >sigh<
Apparently they put on a KICK ASS show...
0 Replies