Can you help me identify this painter/artist?

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 10:09 am
I found a painter with the same last name but, the first name doesn't match. Can you help me? I don't think the frame is original. I bought this at a Garage sale for $3.
Signature:( T G Otero?)
https://i.imgur.com/IBjEGUb.jpg
Painting
https://i.imgur.com/D4fqFyt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/37NVEID.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OzuPk9I.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,928 • Replies: 12
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 10:15 am
@Onetallgentleman,
I think he should remain on the side of anonymity. I take it you also got the refrigerator upon which this work was hung.
Im sorry but somebody's gotta tell you that you shouldnt buy paintings by anything but their quality. It probably worth the 3 bucks you paid
Onetallgentleman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 10:46 am
@farmerman,
I got offered $45 cash by a coworker.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 11:02 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I think he should remain on the side of anonymity. I take it you also got the refrigerator upon which this work was hung.
Im sorry but somebody's gotta tell you that you shouldnt buy paintings by anything but their quality. It probably worth the 3 bucks you paid

The painting isn't Museum Of Bad Art bad. But FM, you're right. Given it's tattered/wreck condition and it's a pretty tepid, mediocre landscape? I'd sell the painting to that poor sap of a coworker (unless you want to actually stay or become friends with him/her in the near or distant future).
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 11:36 am
@Onetallgentleman,
On goodness me! That looks like Otero's masterpiece, Sphinx In The River.

Not sure about the painter (or even the painting). You bought it, enjoy it or sell it for $45.00 (or maybe even more if you can get higher bids). Seems like you're already bound to make a profit.
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 04:33 pm
@Sturgis,
45 bucks??. Remember bulls and bears make money, but never pigs. Youd be a rather smart bull for 45 bucks. Id go for the money .
0 Replies

Onetallgentleman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 04:50 pm
@Sturgis,
I'm confused if either of you actually read the title of my post? I didn't say I had some awesome painting or that I found some valuable painting. Can you help me identify this painter/artist? ( If you can't then why are you responding?
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 06:57 pm
@Onetallgentleman,
when someone seeks an artists name on an internet bb, they are hoping that the artist will be so good as to be known publically. There are probably millions of hobbyiets who can hold a brush and swipe paint on a canvas but are , alas, missing one ingredient, that being talent and skill.
It is my opinion that you ar one of those people,OTHERWISE you could easily do as much as needed to track him down yourelf since ,probably, the artist may even be from your town.

Look at the hammy reflection in the water. The grassless mountain side, reflects as if it were a whole verdent forest.
When people share these kinds of works and seek catalogue information about a ,probable, weekend hobby painter,I have to smile.

No he aint a listed artist.At best hes a student of Bob Ross, the PBS "happy painter"

Onetallgentleman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 07:19 pm
@farmerman,
The painting is older than Bob Ross's TV show. I just like it since it matches my better Landscape stuff. It would be really funny if I told you I paid $100 for it, instead of the $2.50!!
farmerman

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2018 07:46 pm
@Onetallgentleman,
i think youre smarter than that
Onetallgentleman

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2018 10:59 pm
@farmerman,
Thanks. Fellow millennial's surprise me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 03:52 am
yeh everybody gets a medal for submitting something to the juried exhibit. So when you studied all these artists did you learn anything?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 06:50 am
Is that a post-modern (hahahahaha) paint-by-numbers canvas?
0 Replies