Getting the first car...

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 12:55 pm
I'll be getting my license in about a month and a half, at which point in time I will also be getting my first car. Right now it's between a Nissan Xterra, and a Ford Escape. They both are going to be around $10,000-$11,000, with under 60,000 miles. Have any of you had any experience with either of these cars? Which do you recommend? Any suggestions on other cars? Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,011 • Replies: 3
No top replies

bermbits

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 06:34 am
http://used-cars.autos.yahoo.com/used_cars.html;_ylt=Apw09XjfSsKRLcXkuvNrZRpRc78F

I hope this link works - if not, use google - type in "compare cars" and see where you end up.

My bottom line is it's a real crap-shoot (whatever that means). To me, it all depends on the previous owners and how well they took care of the cars. Do you have a mechanic friend who can look each over? Do they come with any kind of warranty? What features does each have? What about safety ratings for each vehicle? Etc.

I believe the Nissan may be the better built car, but that's just my opinion. You get what you get, so approach carefully and do your research.
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 07:53 am
Me again - www.nadaguides.com has a side-by-side feature for up to four used vehicles. Give it a try!
0 Replies

tommystang

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:18 am
Especially in the world of suv's Import is the way to go. (opinion) Better fuel
economy and better engineering. once again ford has come out with one of their mix breads. you will find half of the parts you will need at your ford dealer and the other half at mazda. Nissan has had the exterra out longer and has had more time to work out all the bugs plus the exterra is and animal off road. that's all i have to say take it for what its worth to you.
0 Replies