Howdy Folks! :) - Question again about 2 vehicles

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 08:58 am
Sorry I'm not posting much but I've been a busy woman. Smile

I was wondering what your thoughts were on a Mazda6 (V6) or Xterra05 (standard V6). 4 doors on both ...basic package (nothing added except for alloy wheels and I think that's standard for both of the cars we're looking at.

We're seriously considering these 2.

this and the Altima (V6/4-door/spoiler).

We test drove the M6 yesterday and were IN LOVE!!! It can make a complete (full) turn around with no room at all ...nothing like our other cars and it speeds up to 70 in like 6 point something seconds. I believe that's what we're told, but we tried it and... it was definitely true. We can make the sharpest turns and S's w/little movement of the steering wheel ...and we took it around dangerous corners super fast. Of course the sales person tested these corners out and told us to trust him. My fiance said he wanted to break because it "felt" like there was no way he'd make the turn but sure enough... went in and out of it smoothly (and fast!!!).

We will test drive the Xterra soon.

Here's our situation:

We have a possibly 80lb dog who takes up TONS of room, 2 other SMALL furkids, possible kiddo in the FUTURE, and tons of military equipment with the desire and past history of traveling a lot.

I hear they corrected the "rugged" ride the Xterra had and increased its power.

Safety features on the Mazda were impressive as was its ratings on some sites we looked at.

We have a trade in that's worth $5,900. Plus it's been loved dearly by me. Very Happy Laughing

That's all the info I have (from the unknowledgeable girl).

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,114 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 09:01 am
Truthfully, the only thing I really care about is crash impact safety. Look for the government ratings on the vehicles you're interested in. If you're a member of AAA (membership there is probably the best safety tip going) you can compare the two vehicles directly online.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 05:28 pm
Joah....I have not one darn thing to say about cars, but I am so happy that you are so happy....and so busy.....that I just wanted to let you know that! Been thinking of your wonderful reunion after seeing all of your pics and am so delighted that your soldier is finally home! Sorry if I got off topic! Love to both of you lovebirds! Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 05:35 pm
Those two vehicles are for such vastly different uses that I don't know how to compare them.

Based on your planned usage, it sounds like an SUV or van would be much more appropriate than a sedan. Sure, the sports sedan is going to seduce you with power and handling, but is that what you really need?
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 05:48 pm
Do you need 4WD? Are you going to be using it off road?

If the answers are no then why would you want an SUV?

Buy a Mazda 6 wagon. Just as much room, more efficient, greater passive safety, more comfortable to drive....the list goes on.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 05:51 pm
on top of that, the Mazda 6 wagon will ge WAY better gas mileage then the SUV... hands down..
( good suggestion adrian..!)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:24 pm
Sorry, didn't know the M6 came in a wagon.

Not really a wagon kind of guy.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:41 am
nor am I. hehehehe

I'm sure it looks great though, but we're not looking to spend over 25,000 even if this means we have to wait until the 06 comes out. Many of the 04's have $4,500 rebates/off right now on the vehicles I named.

Anyways, the extra power is for the fiance who will be doing most of the driving outside of me using it for work. We travel "a lot."

Mazda 6 = ride unbelieveable. safe. so many features to make you idiot proof when you overcorrect, etc.

Xterra = many of the same features, lots of power, great room for price, best SUV in its league really as far as price+power+available options (we compared and they had a chart)

He says it's my decision in the end. He likes both, but he wants me to be happy since it will be called "my car." Meaning... he'll have a new truck eventually and it will be "his vechicle."

Thanks for the warm wishes and regards ladyj. That really touches my heart and makes me feel good ...as it does him. He has been through a lot in this past year (and some)....and I can't imagine the shock he's presently going through. We still haven't seen his mom and I'm sure she will break down. That's her boy!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:43 am
We did look at the mini-van by Nissan. I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, but it's UNBELIEVEABLE. Drives more like a car and best in its class. I'm sure one of you know. The inside could easily fit a bed inside...hahaha

So classy. The middle (where everything is - radio, etc) reminds me of a spaceship.
0 Replies