Liberals - Practice Conservative Argument Techniques

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:36 am
Quote:
VIGUERIE: That's what journalism is. It's just all opinion. Just opinion.

This is what they are trying to do to our country; turn everything into an argument of 'opinions' and take away the ability to hold politicians accountable to the facts.

The other day I heard Coulter say 'I don't agree with your charachterization of the facts.' A convienent way to dodge a tough argument.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:38 am
Lola wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
Lash wrote:
Wooo-hoo!!!

Hell. Sounds like I wrote it.

Blacks, used and excused. Now, GOP enthused!!!

Have any of you noticed that the areas with the largest concentrations of black people are Dem controlled and have been for year? The funny thing is that they haven't done anything to help the people of these cities. Instead they blame the Rep for the problems of the black man and continue to keep them in mental segregation. The use of the term "African-American" is meant to place black people at a distance of being real Americans. If this wasn't so then why does everyone insist on using the term? Very very very few blacks today are African anymore. They are about as African as I am Italian and I'm sure I much closer to being a descendent of my heritage then they are, and I would never call myself anything other then an American. Can't we drop the hyphen and just consider everyone American? I don't think the Dems will allow that to happen especially the "black leadership" of today. People like Farrakhan, Jackson and Sharpton want to be special and want to keep a level of segregation alive, it keeps them in business.

Bald racism. For real here. I would be ashamed to show my face in public after such a bold face racist set of remarks. For shame.

Cycloptichorn wrote:
And they accuse others of being racist. It's mind-boggling.

Cycloptichorn

I can't tell if either one of your are being serious. Lola is intentionally being obtuse; Cyclops is being dead serious, though, I believe. If either of you truly believe Baldimo's post constitutes a "bold face racist set of remarks," you really need to explain what you believe a "racist" remark to be. Because Baldimo has articulated a position that would stop making race a factor in personal dealings with one another.

It appears, then that you you believe someone who opposes Affirmative Action on the basis that it fosters a culture of separating people on the basis of their race, is a racist? Someone who believes that race should not be a factor .... is a racist?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:40 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Someone who believes that race should not be a factor .... is a racist?

That exact argument was made in our provincial legislature earlier this week. It's been fascinating to watch that play out.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:40 am
Quit whining, Tico.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:46 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
VIGUERIE: That's what journalism is. It's just all opinion. Just opinion.

This is what they are trying to do to our country; turn everything into an argument of 'opinions' and take away the ability to hold politicians accountable to the facts.

The other day I heard Coulter say 'I don't agree with your characterization of the facts.' A convenient way to dodge a tough argument.

Cycloptichorn

She said, "I don't agree with your characterization of the facts?" What characterization of the facts does she agree with, her own? Duh.

I agree cyclo. They have tried to turn all news into opinion. (Has Vigerie been reading the New Journalism text? Copying Tom Wolfe and Truman Capote? If so, he doesn't measure up.) While you can't get the opinion out of the news.....all opinion is no news at all. I find it's best to admit latent subjective ideation.......bias, if you will, and proceed to report the facts as best you can. But saying that everything is nothing more than opinion is the very black/white simple kind of argument we have come to expect from the lack lustre, Evangelical, proselytizing conservative Republicans.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:48 am
This is sort of funny. It makes us all seem stupid to even open our mouths.

Ah, politics...Gotta love it.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:50 am
Quote:
I can't tell if either one of your are being serious. Lola is intentionally being obtuse; Cyclops is being dead serious, though, I believe. If either of you truly believe Baldimo's post constitutes a "bold face racist set of remarks," you really need to explain what you believe a "racist" remark to be. Because Baldimo has articulated a position that would stop making race a factor in personal dealings with one another.

It appears, then that you you believe someone who opposes Affirmative Action on the basis that it fosters a culture of separating people on the basis of their race, is a racist? Someone who believes that race should not be a factor .... is a racist?

There you go again. You can't get racism out of your mind. What is your deal with racism all the time?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:53 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Quit whining, Tico.

You're trying to bait me, aren't you FD? I'm onto your little scheme, I'll have you know.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:53 am
Lash wrote:
This is sort of funny. It makes us all seem stupid to even open our mouths.

Ah, politics...Gotta love it.

Extra credit, Lash. Wouldn't it be nice if mankind were more rational and less hung-up? We could take it as a goal. An unachievable goal......but the attempt would help.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:54 am
What do you expect from a bunch of racist facists, Lola? Rationality? C'mon, they're not even capable of it.

/practicing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Lola wrote:
Quote:

There you go again. You can't get racism out of your mind. What is your deal with racism all the time?

Okay, Lola. You're being obtuse .. but that doesn't answer for Cyclops.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Ticomaya wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Quit whining, Tico.

You're trying to bait me, aren't you FD? I'm onto your little scheme, I'll have you know.

Ha ha. I'm afraid I'm feeling a bit silly today.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:55 am
ehBeth wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Someone who believes that race should not be a factor .... is a racist?

That exact argument was made in our provincial legislature earlier this week. It's been fascinating to watch that play out.

Well, I agree with Tico's statement above. As a matter of fact, I said so a few pages back.

Tell us how it played out, Beth.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:57 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What do you expect from a bunch of racist facists, Lola? Rationality? C'mon, they're not even capable of it.

/practicing

Cycloptichorn

good practice, cyclo. Facist racist conservative Republicans.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:59 am
Quote:

I don't have to answer anything to you, Facist!

Why don't you go back to your group of caucasians and have a discussion about how non-racist you are while you support debtor's prison and other UnAmerican concepts such as that.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:01 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Lola wrote:
Quote:

gee whiz..........and I thought I was being funny. Well, at least Lash sees the humor. Cyclo is practicing, just like you are. You ARE practicing, aren't you? If not, you'll have to wear the dunce hat.

Free Duck.........silly is good in trying times.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:01 pm
Lola: since you say someone who believes race should not be a factor, is a racist ... is it safe to conclude that you also believe that someone who believes race should be a factor is also a racist?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:03 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Why don't you go back to your group of caucasians and have a discussion about how non-racist you are while you support debtor's prison and other UnAmerican concepts such as that.

Cycloptichorn

Yeah. Remember when Newt Gingrich said homeless children could go to the orphanage? WOW. Oh for the days of Newt (stick his arm down his throat) Gingrich. He was such an easy target.

You're obsessed with race, Tico. You seem a little hung-up about it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:04 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

Try switching to decaf tomorrow, Cyclops. At least I'm asking you whether you're being serious .. you just jumped to the conclusion that I was when I suggested debtor's prison.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:05 pm
<< "Feelin' groovy".

<Practicing being plunged back into the dark ages if the Dems get their way - won't happen LOL>
0 Replies