Liberals - Practice Conservative Argument Techniques

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:07 pm
Dems are getting their way on environmental laws and Social Security, JW. Don't be so secure.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:08 pm
Quote:
Try switching to decaf tomorrow, Cyclops.

All you know how to do is be insulting. You're a mean spirited conservative Republican.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:09 pm
<< Feelin' groovy AND secure LOL!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:10 pm
JustWonders wrote:
<< "Feelin' groovy".

<Practicing being plunged back into the dark ages if the Dems get their way - won't happen LOL>

Good idea, JW. Practice that. It's exactly where we're going. All of us. And GW is at the head of the line. Onward Christian Soldiers, marching off to war, with the cross of Jesus, going on before.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:12 pm
JustWonders wrote:

Anyone who has to declare how groovy and secure they feel is obviously feeling very very very afraid.

Sad story.

Maybe we should be more sympathetic.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:13 pm
LOL!

'Sad story. Maybe we should be more sympathetic'

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:14 pm
Lola wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

Anyone who has to declare how groovy and secure they feel is obviously feeling very very very afraid.

Sad story.

Or perhaps just less cynical?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:14 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Dems are getting their way on environmental laws and Social Security, JW. Don't be so secure.

Cycloptichorn

The racist republican conservatives have their heads in the sand and their fannies in the breeze. Oopsy. Not a good long term plan.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:15 pm
JustWonders wrote:
LOL!

'Sad story. Maybe we should be more sympathetic'

Extra credit, JW very good.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:17 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Lola wrote:
JustWonders wrote:

Sad story.

Or perhaps just less cynical?

You see, they have nothing positive to say. They are the party of "NO" no no no no no no..........that's all they can say. That and name calling. McG has called me a cynic! Fowl! Referee! McG is cheating.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:17 pm
McG - buncha cynics that want to live in the last century....singin' "Feelin' Groovy" LOL!

<Let 'em have their fun - the grown-ups are in charge now>

Smile
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:21 pm
Quote:
cyn·ic

( P ) Pronunciation Key (snk)
n.

A member of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who believed virtue to be the only good and self-control to be the only means of achieving virtue.

Now who does this sound like? virtue and self control? Sounds like the Church Lady from Laugh In to me. hehehehehe
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:23 pm
Lola wrote:
Quote:
cyn·ic

n.

A member of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who believed virtue to be the only good and self-control to be the only means of achieving virtue.

Now who does this sound like? virtue and self control? Sounds like the Church Lady from Laugh In to me. hehehehehe

Definition 2: would be the more fitting...

Quote:
2 : a faultfinding captious critic; especially : one who believes that human conduct is motivated wholly by self-interest
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:24 pm
JustWonders wrote:
McG - buncha cynics that want to live in the last century....singin' "Feelin' Groovy" LOL!

<Let 'em have their fun - the grown-ups are in charge now>

Smile

Excellent. You and McG are headed in the right direction. Finally. Practice makes perfect.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Lola wrote:
Quote:
cyn·ic

n.

Definition 2: would be the more fitting...

Quote:
2 : a faultfinding captious critic; especially : one who believes that human conduct is motivated wholly by self-interest

la-te-da............la-te-da The mean spirited name calling fascist conservatives are calling me names again.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:27 pm
Lola wrote:
Quote:
Try switching to decaf tomorrow, Cyclops.

All you know how to do is be insulting. You're a mean spirited conservative Republican.

Recommending a beverage is now considered "insulting." Gosh you libbies are thin-skinned!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:32 pm
When I call you cynical, I mean it in the same endearing way you would call me fascist, dear.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:34 pm
I must go for now. I'm going on a tour of the UN, while it still has it's top 10 stories. See y'all later. While I'm away, practice.

Yesterday's lesson of the day will serve as today's as well:

Never address the argument of your oponent. They're just trying to get you to play defense. They tell us to be less snobby, less intellectually elite.......whatever. They just want to hog the serve. Remember, serve hard and low and watch em scramble to return it. In the rare case they can get their racquet on the ball, their return will be poopy, up and defensive. Then, move in for the kill.

Remember the words of Arlo Guthrie......."I wanna see blood, gore and veins in my teeth. I mean, I wanna KILL!"

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant. Let me hear it from my fellow liberals.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.

Can't hear ya. Sing louder. Come on, you can do it. We're going to start a movement. If only Richard Nixon could hear us now.

YOU CAN GET ANYTHING YOU WANT AT ALICE'S RESTAURANT
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:34 pm
Wasn't Laugh-in a show from the last century?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:37 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Wasn't Laugh-in a show from the last century?

Keep practising jay dub. I know you're wet behind the ears, but you'll learn if you put your mind to it.
0 Replies