Liberals - Practice Conservative Argument Techniques

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 05:01 pm
Lola,

I guess you are referring to the UTIMCO scandal? The one in which several members of the University of Texas Investment Management Company were convinced by GWB to invest billions of dollars of UT's money into oil companies of his friends, which failed?

My alma mater, UT, Lost billions of dollars during the late 90's when everyone else was making billions because of the machinations of GWB and his business cronies in Texas.

Hopefully you can fill us in better, lol

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 07:08 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Lola,

I guess you are referring to the UTIMCO scandal? The one in which several members of the University of Texas Investment Management Company were convinced by GWB to invest billions of dollars of UT's money into oil companies of his friends, which failed?

My alma mater, UT, Lost billions of dollars during the late 90's when everyone else was making billions because of the machinations of GWB and his business cronies in Texas.

Hopefully you can fill us in better, lol

Cycloptichorn

Yes, sorry to be delayed. I'm eating dinner and then I'll get back to it. But it wasn't GW that did the convincing, although he was certainly behind it. It was Tom Hicks, appointed to the UT Investment Management Company by GW. The same Tom Hicks who made Bush a millionaire by paying millions more for the Texas Rangers than the club was worth. I wonder why he did that.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:30 am
JustWonders wrote:
Maybe he'll write a "how-to" book for y'all. Smile

It couldn't be the real you, JW, surely not but it is odd that you seem to think it apropriate that lies and dirty tricks should be passed on. Why do many RWs seem to revel in lies and deception? Why wouldn't you be in favor of honesty, truth and actual concern for other people?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:37 am
Tico is still firmly embedded in the #12 but he's just switched themes. This would be #12.5; switch themes often to try to throw everyone off the truth.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:08 am
Joe Nation wrote:
What we liberals lack is the ability to make outrageous statements (see the recent USA Next ad which depicts the AARP as both anti-US Soldier and --get ready--- pro-gay marriage) and then sit blithely by as if any of it were true, replying to criticism by saying "They can run, but they cannot hide." Run from what? Uh.

We are in a street fight here in America.

gotta go

Your joking,right?
Wasn't it the liberals that claimed during the election that "if you vote for Bush black churches will burn"?
Want it the liberals that blamed Bush for that man that was dragged to death in Texas?

Both sides make outrageous statements,and both sides are good at lying to and about their opponents.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:41 am
JTT wrote:
Tico is still firmly embedded in the #12 but he's just switched themes. This would be #12.5; switch themes often to try to throw everyone off the truth.

I'm sorry ... what truth am I trying to suppress now? I must not have been paying attention.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:19 pm
Lola wrote:
And the revolution won't be like in the 60s but more perhaps like the American Revolution

yeah!! that's what i was thinking ! the 1760's !!

since one party holds the reigns on the government and doesn't care to hear anybody else's voice...

no taxation without representation !

can't hold a more traditional american value than that !

:wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:33 pm
Quote:
Your joking,right?
Wasn't it the liberals that claimed during the election that "if you vote for Bush black churches will burn"?
Want it the liberals that blamed Bush for that man that was dragged to death in Texas?

Both sides make outrageous statements,and both sides are good at lying to and about their opponents.

What?

I don't recall any major liberal candidates telling people that Bush will burn black churches. I don't recall any of them claiming that Bush himself was responsible for Robert Byrd being dragged to death.

False analogies.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:42 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
... I don't recall any of them claiming that Bush himself was responsible for Robert Byrd being dragged to death.

Shocked US Senator Robert Byrd was dragged to death?

Freudian slip? Laughing
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:43 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Your joking,right?

What?

I don't recall any major liberal candidates telling people that Bush will burn black churches. I don't recall any of them claiming that Bush himself was responsible for Robert Byrd being dragged to death.

False analogies.

Cycloptichorn

Then you obviously didnt pay attention to what the liberals were saying...

http://aggressive-voice.com/zz513.html
"Over the years, Republicans have witnessed first-hand how effectively Democrats can use racial politics against them. In 1998, black voters in Missouri received pre-recorded messages which warned that if they did not successfully elect Democrats to Congress then "more black churches will burn". In the 2000 VA Senate election, a similar phonebank targeted black residents with a message that GOP nominee George Allen had a lynching noose in his office (the noose was actually a memento from the Old West he had bought as a souvenir). Also, in 2000, after polls had indicated that George W. Bush might receive as much as twenty percent of the black vote, the NAACP launched its famous James Byrd dragging-death commercial."

Are you going to say that the liberal "odiot fringe" didnt say these things?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:52 pm
You're comparing what the president said to what the "odiot fringe" said. I like that word odiot, btw. Is there no difference to you?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:55 pm
Mysteryman,

I can't believe you are comparing what some people were alleged to have said, on the 'fringe' as you put it, to what ELECTED and SITTING politicians are saying!

Ridiculousness.

Tico
Quote:
US Senator Robert Byrd was dragged to death?

Freudian slip?

Zoinks! Must have been Smile

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:22 pm
No. He was driving.

(His KKK hood is still at the cleaners.)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:30 pm
....being cleaned by those 'white niggers' Senator Byrd was talking about recently.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A22314-2001Mar4&notFound=true
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:40 pm
I say lynching is too good for him, lets elect him to the Senate! If that's not punishment enough we can make him serve two terms in the House.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:46 pm
No. If a lynchin' is all Trent got--it's all we'll do to Byrd. We do wanna be fair about this...
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:31 pm
** yawn **
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:49 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
JTT wrote:

I'm sorry ... what truth am I trying to suppress now? I must not have been paying attention.

Boy, Tico, did Lola ever have it right when you said, "I don't get it" and she replied something to the effect,

"We know dear; it's okay."
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:52 am
JTT wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
JTT wrote:

Boy, Tico, did Lola ever have it right when you said, "I don't get it" and she replied something to the effect,

"We know dear; it's okay."

Gosh, that's easy to blurt out ... . But what it doesn't do is contribute anything to this discussion ... nor does it address the point you were trying to make. I only went back 5 pages or so to try to provide meaning to what you said, and was unsuccessful. Perhaps you're referencing something from ancient history, but more than likely you were just spewing BS. Care to elaborate and actually make a point?

What is the number for saying "We know dear; it's okay," or other such condescending pointless nonsense?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:12 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Your joking,right?

What?

False analogies.

Cycloptichorn

That was a Rove planted falsehood. He's an expert at this. That's got to be number 22.
0 Replies