Liberals - Practice Conservative Argument Techniques

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 01:33 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
O'Reilly calls himself an "independent," thank you very much.

He can call himself whatever he wants; it doesn't change the fact he's a conservative.

See Zell Miller.

Cycloptichorn

O'Reilly doesn't speak for me, and frankly annoys me. I agree that someone calling themselves an "independent" does not make them so. Case in point: Magginkat, an obviously liberal poster, active on that other thread, who fancies herself an "independent."

But Zell is a Democrat. You can call him what you want, and I understand you don't like him because he sees Bush for what he is ... but he is a Democrat just the same.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 07:34 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Excuse me,

Yelling 'shut up' is a conservative argumentative technique, pioneered and perfected by Bill O'reilly. Noone else even comes close to the number of times this 'news' anchor has yelled at people to shut up.

Cycloptichorn

hmmm... if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

AFFFFFLACKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!

Laughing
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 07:42 pm
Ah folks lighten up, I only told Lola to shut up because she talks too much. I'm a liberal so anything I say is PC. Besides Lola is just a girl.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 08:25 pm
Ticomaya wrote:

Bit of a stretch to compare that to the Communist Party. I should think we would just Gulag them if that were the case, huh?

Those gulags have already been put in place.

And the citizens of the land of freedom have travel bans put on them. Confused

And Tico has defined yet another number.

Tico: "Incoming, incoming truth. Where's my blankie, wherrrre's my blanket!!

Foxfyre: Just stick your fingers in your ears and hum, Tico. That works better than a blanket.

Tico: Hey, you're right, FF. That's great. I had forgotten how well it worked for 59,834,866 Amaricans.

Or an alternative;

http://www.workingforchange.com/comic.cfm?itemid=17275
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 10:39 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Excuse me,

Yelling 'shut up' is a conservative argumentative technique, pioneered and perfected by Bill O'reilly. Noone else even comes close to the number of times this 'news' anchor has yelled at people to shut up.

Cycloptichorn

Pretty indicative of the grasp you have of politics, Tico. Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 06:01 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
He can call himself whatever he wants; it doesn't change the fact he's a conservative.

See Zell Miller.

Zell is a Democrat. You can call him what you want, and I understand you don't like him because he sees Bush for what he is ... but he is a Democrat just the same.

Zell Miller is both a Democrat and a conservative, yes - so you're both right.

Used to be a lot of those, conservative Democrats. Admittedly a dying breed, but - Zel's one.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 07:19 am
It's unusual to spot a conservative Democrat, it used to be easy, they would be the ones standing with their wings spread out blocking the schoolhouse doors, but most of them thankfully, fled the ranks and joined their rock-ribbed compatriots of the modern GOP. A even rarer bird, not Byrd, but bird, is the seldom seen or heard, liberal Republican, where is Nelson? Ah. By gone days. Another endangered species is the Spector, or as it is known in some circles, the moderate Republican. These fowl used to have the middle voice of the chorus but of late have been driven down by the more foghorn-like sounds of the Tom Turkey Delay.

Joe(Shhh. I think I smell an Independent) Nation
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:19 am
JTT wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Excuse me,

Cycloptichorn

My knowing O'Reilly calls himself an "independent" says little about my grasp of politics. Your thinking it does, however, speaks volumes. Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:56 am
Ticomaya wrote:
JTT wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Excuse me,

Cycloptichorn

My knowing O'Reilly calls himself an "independent" says little about my grasp of politics. Your thinking it does, however, speaks volumes. Very Happy

Does not!

Does too.

Does not!!!!

Does too!!!!!!!

DOES NOT!!!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:03 am
Oh yes it does!

Where are you my little migrating tweety?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:07 am
Lola wrote:

Does not!

Does too.

Does not!!!!

Does too!!!!!!!

DOES NOT!!!

Shall I assign a number to your argument, Lola, or will you do the honors?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:08 am
I think it's a #-10

Ranking down there in the not-the-best-tactic category.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:16 am
Lola wrote:
I think it's a #-10

Ranking down there in the not-the-best-tactic category.

#10 = "What you just said made absolutely no sense."

So if you think #10 is an appropriate response to my post, all I have to say is ... #11.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 10:20 am
Tico:-

You oughtn't to argue with ladies.

One teases them in ways that they like hoping they will discern your care for their well-being and reward you with their affection.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:31 pm
Sorry Tico, the number was a minus 10. I admit it wasn't very clear. I had an enormous headache this morning and wasn't at my best.

So do you respond with a minus 11 or an 11?

Spendius......I love to argue with men. But you're very nice to speak up for me.

I'm visiting my daughters until Sunday, so don't have much time for playing on these threads. I'm too busy helping them clean their very dirty house. Oh, I remember my college years.......I had a very dirty house many times. Some things are more important than clean floors and stoves.

When I return, I'll post more of the Luntz memo with helpful hints for persuasive language.

Onward Christian Soldiers and all that.

Shut up Dys!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:33 pm
How about an inverted #11.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:55 pm
or an upside down one
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 07:20 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
How about an inverted #11.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 05:05 pm
Here are some other samples of republican thinking/ arguments I found from a previous thread.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30493&highlight=
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 05:16 am
This is an odd thread.
It began on Feb 21.It has 418 posts and 4158 views and then nothing after March 5 to now.

It almost has the look of a wild,uncontrolled,speedy,ejaculation followed by the usual depression.

We will have to hope Lola returns to ginger us up again.You can do it Lola.
0 Replies