Kind Of Chistians

DNFWM

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 05:54 pm
Hello everybody. I`m not very well with english so i must to apology You for my english.

I have a question for You. If one person is a sign of the cross in a country where people are Christians but they are orthodox christians and the person is sing of the cross in orthodox church. But in his life he don`t belive in god and when he met a person witch believer but the second person is protestant christian and after that first person begin to go in church but protestant church is this correct ???

Thank You for ъоур attention agayn I`m sorry for my eEnglishh
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,736 • Replies: 68
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 07:06 pm
I'm sorry, DN, but I don't understand your question. What language(s) are you fluent in?
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 06:42 am
I believe that a lot of the differences between the different branches of Christianity are man-made, and cosmetic. I do not believe it makes any difference if you attend an Orthodox, Protestant or Catholic Church. What is important is that you believe that God entered His own creation and died on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.

But please, don't take my word for it. Read the Bible for yourself, and decide for yourself.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 03:18 pm
Yeah, nothing really matters but Jesus.
0 Replies

RKfan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 09:57 pm
I agree with thunder_runner. If we have been saved by Jesus then we are all sisters and brothers in Christ. We shouldn't allow titles like "Protestant" or "Orthodox" to keep us from remembering that we are all children of God and he sees us all the same way!
0 Replies

lab rat

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:47 am
Paraphrased from "The Purpose-Driven Life", Chapter 3 (as well as I can remember it):
When we die, God isn't going to ask us about our doctrinal positions, church membership, etc. We will have to answer to only two questions:
1) What did you do re: my Son, Jesus?--this will determine where we spend eternity
2) What did you do with the talents, gifts, etc. I gave you?--this will determine what we do throughout eternity
0 Replies

Rex the Wonder Squirrel

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 11:46 am
Belief in God + Belief in Jesus as His Son and your Savior = Christian
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:15 pm
Ya but here are certain like laws you have to follow too..... uh like the 10 commandments..... thats some hard sh*t to follow.... turn the other cheek and all that stuff... too hard for me ... just stick with zen buddhism Razz
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 03:08 am
Jeez come on christian community.... help this poor soul find his way to the lord and father..... don't matter if yo catholic, mormon, jehovah's witenesses, kkk, amish.... you're all goin to that nice place in the sky? Correct? Idea Question Exclamation Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 10:35 pm
Mormon here. And I agree 100%. It's all about Jesus. My sheep recognize my voice, so if you hook up with Jesus, he'll hook you up with the small stuff...
0 Replies

MiTHoS

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:35 am
It's not the different titles that separate christians, it's their practices. Not every denomination of Christianity 'goes by the book'. In other words goes strickly by the bible.
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:49 am
Can you name a denomination that considers themselves Christian that doesn't believe that they're going strictly by the Bible?
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:10 pm
Jesus did not say he was "God." He said "God" (the Father within) did the work (healed the sick, raised the dead, etc.) during his short life on earth. Jesus was the man, who at times spoke as man. Other times, God spoke through him. Just as God can speak and live through any one, or all, of us, if we but do a little work, some study, become spiritually independent and mature.

What a gross error that has caused so much sorrow on this planet for so long, the idea anyone must access God through Jesus.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:16 pm
Here in the US we have the kind of Christians who believe in the sanctity of life and are willing to send death threats to a judge they feel rules against it.

The kind of Christians who believe that fetus' are precious but children killed in bombings are collateral damage.

We have Christian politicians who get up in the middle of the night to sign legislation giving the government power to overturn 15 previous rulings by several courts to save a brain dead girl, but pull the plug on their own father after 27 days, and pass laws allowing young children to be taken off life support based on their ability to pay against the wishes of their parents.

We have the kind of Christians who believe life is precious unless they are executing retarded people.

We are a strange society.

In all fairness we also have some genuine Christians here who make a real and successful effort to practice their faith. Why in 55 years I've met at least a half dozen.
0 Replies

MiTHoS

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:17 pm
Um, Catholics say they're christian, they don't go by the book. Baptists say they're Christians and they definately don't go by the book.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:18 pm
Quote:
Can you name a denomination that considers themselves Christian that doesn't believe that they're going strictly by the Bible?

Some denominations don't follow the true word of the bible, ex)churches that accept homosexuality as ok.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:23 pm
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Quote:

Some denominations don't follow the true word of the bible, ex)churches that accept homosexuality as ok.

I'm not trying to pick a fight so don't get your panties in a was but please give me specific in context Bible scripture that says homosexuality is a sin. For my own curiousity.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:27 pm
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Um, Catholics say they're christian, they don't go by the book.

Actually, we do.
0 Replies

MiTHoS

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:29 pm
In Romans 1:20-32 talks about homosexuality as being wrong.
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 12:37 pm
M!THº§ wrote:
Um, Catholics say they're christian, they don't go by the book. Baptists say they're Christians and they definately don't go by the book.

That's why I explicitly said name me a religion who doesn't think they're going by the book as much as you think you are when you disagree with them. You said being a Christian should be defined in some part by whether you follow the Bible strictly, and I said name someone who doesn't think they're doing as much as you think you're doing towards that goal. Catholics think they follow the Bible explicitly, and so do Baptists, and so do Mormons. So can you name either someone who can be excluded, based on your own definition? Or do you have some authority that we should accept your word over a billion Catholics who would exclude you for not going by the book?

Very Happy

And may I add Leviticus 18:22 to the homosexuality question. "Thou shalt not lie with a man as one would with a woman. Such is an abomination."
0 Replies