Face of Nature

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 06:30 pm
Thea means view in Greek but if the accent is stress differently it means goddess. Hense a view is to see the Goddess, gaia herself.Weather it is her or Zeus only you can decide.
Note:See the face in sunshine on the cliffs in the back on the right.
http://www.photographyblog.com/gallery/ecard.php?view=13453-1108559973
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 748 • Replies: 5
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 06:40 pm
I always enjoy looking at your photos but I cannot get this link to work....
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:20 pm
Thank you boomerang!
try this
http://www.photographyblog.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2782
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 01:27 pm
I really like these photos.... or are they sculptures.... or are they photos of sculptures... are they real sculptures or photoshop sculptures?

That is one of the things I really like about them - my mind goes back and forth.

Several of the photos have the same backgroud elements which really makes my mind jump around. The rocks look huge, how big an undertaking was this to put it together then take it apart then put a new one together and so on and so on. Them seem permenant and impermanant at the same time.

And it feels like a temple....

Maybe a temple where they have to rearrange the rocks to please some god.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 06:26 pm
Very cool pics Algis.

I liked the contrast of the dark clouds in the background and the sun on the sculpture.

Looking forward to more of your pics.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 03:03 pm
Oh these are both my photographs and my sculpture.The rocks have all been arranged by me or the base of the sculpture was already there.

I seem to have the knack for spot sculpture.When the mood is right and the rocks are around I just reasemble them under the hypnotic spell of the MUSE. It fun after completing one standing back and seeing what it wanted.

In some cases standing back showsme more than my original instinct. I think that somewhere near by there is some sight of signifigence but then again while on the island of Crete the whole rocky island possesses qualities unlike any other place.

Over the 3 visits made the variety of sculpture I have made has gotten better over time.
0 Replies