Eastenders

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 01:36 pm
Very Happy BBC Canada airs "Eastenders" (Or what I call "Evilenders" 'caus they're all so nasty) every week. We are about a year behind what is shown in the U.K.

Anyone else out there as obsessed with the show as I am? Who is your favourite character...and, even more fun, who is your most hated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,286 • Replies: 9
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 01:42 pm
I used to watch Eastenders, but I don't watch any soaps now (too much commitment) but here's a little taster of what's going on at the moment:

It's the end of Den

Friday's EastEnders looks set to be one of the year's biggest TV events as the soap celebrates its 20th anniversary with a sensational whodunnit.

On Valentine's Day, there's precious little love in the air when the three women that Den Watts has cold-heartedly bullied and betrayed - Chrissie, Sam and Zoe - get together to plot his downfall.

And by the end of the week, the Dirty One has been despatched to that great soap in the sky - and this time, he isn't coming back.

There's heartache too for the good folk of Emmerdale, when the Bishop forbids Ashley and Laurel from getting married, prompting Ashley to take dramatic action. Meanwhile, in Coronation Street, it's the nerve-wracking moment of truth for Shelley as she's publicly weighed in the Rovers.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:45 am
I love 'Enders.Its the only one I watch as smorgs says, too much commitment.It has the best atmosphere too.

Yep, cant wait for this weeks happenings.
A pal is in Brazil for 3 weeks and she asked me specifically to tape the Den episodes for her.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 12:25 pm
Mat girl, do you remember the bruhaha regarding Leslie Grantham's internet rudies?

Did you ever see anything more unsexy in your life?

It was only a matter of time before he was killed off...AGAIN!

Was listening to that man out of Spandau on the radio the other day, saying that when they (cast) get their scripts, the first thing they do is turn to the last page to see who gets the dramatic 'duff duff duff' at the end! Laughing
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:17 am
I remember seeing a picture of him with his finger in his mouth.Sooo unsexy but surely not enough to sack him.
They should just fire him for being unnattractive.

He'll probably come back 15 years after he gets killed this time.hehe, he'll be a 70 year old trying it on with the young totty,yuck!

Thought it would be a better storyline for Den to kill Chrissie for trying to get the pub from him, it would show how nasty he is.

Whats gona happen with the nasty guys?Andy is leaving apparently,Dennis has gone,Phil and Grant arn there anymore tho Sam did call Grant last night so they may be coming back.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 11:48 am
Mat Girl,

I used to belong to a Pub Quiz Team called 'Grant's Stary Eyes'! Laughing
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 11:56 am
Re: Eastenders
pangolin wrote:
Very Happy BBC Canada airs "Eastenders" (Or what I call "Evilenders" 'caus they're all so nasty)

For a nasty-Eastenders type grin, check out this brilliant mash-up by Osymyso: Pat n' Peg. Very funny.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 12:41 pm
I really wonder, if I shouldn't start a thread about the first years of the Archers. :wink:

To be honest: in the late 80's I had done some modifications on my tv, so I could watch the Eastenders on local BFBS (SSVC) television until they shut down the broadcast here.
Besides: of course I know by eyesight, where Eastenders is produced :wink:
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 05:11 am
Smorgs-better than being called 'Phils fat belly'.

It annoys me how they keep going on about 'Im a Mitchell' or 'Im a Slater' like its some kind of line of people to look up to, as they never do anything wrong or bad.They make so many mistakes and bad decisions I wish they would stop saying it!!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 04:41 am
So what did you think of the murder?Hollywood ending?Chrissie lying about how he died?
0 Replies