Breaking news: Real Korean dining ultimate Atkins diet

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 02:35 pm
My brother was visiting here recently with his beautiful Japanese fiance who loves Korean food...but not the cheap stuff one finds at your average Korean/Japanese restaurant. This night, we were dining in style. She and my brother knew a place here in Toronto which did things right....let's say mainly meat (two different cuts and marinades, though), cooked at table, TONS of little veggie appetizers, and just one small bowl of rice. Without all the starch, I ate more than I could have ever imagined, and it was all delicious. Now, you must have a taste for spicy food, and a variety of Kimchee (there are many kinds, cabbage being the most widely known, methinks). I loved the idea of cooking the meat at table, popping on some of the great garnishes, and wrapping it all in a beautifully crisp lettuce leaf. Really a nice modified Atkins diet, and we were satisfied but not bloated at the end...(beware of sugar however, if you are sensitive, as some of the sauces contain it). We were so happy we paid Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,426 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 03:07 pm
Oh man, that sounds awesome. I get Vietnamese food every week, but unless you get Pho (which nearly always is beef- or pork-based, and I don't eat either), it's hard to find something that isn't loaded with rice or vermicelli noodles. 'Course I suppose I could just skip the starch, but it's all so good .... :-D
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 10:31 pm
Seafood Pho is generally availible here, which I quite like. We had a couple of fiery Korean soups that night too which were broth, meat or seafood (we had 2 different ones) and lots of veggies, no noodles, no rice, just all that other good stuff. I have been looking for a a good Korean recipe source on the net, but most of em are rather incomplete. If I find one, I'll post the link.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 11:57 pm
I love vietnamese food, city and country, but I can't type, my fingers are a little uh, cheezy, back manana.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 07:40 am
Oh, that sounds so good. My mouth is watering :-)
0 Replies