No more deliveries for The Mailman...

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 01:14 pm
Malone Calling it Quits

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- The Mailman is calling it a day.

Karl Malone, who for 18 seasons as a member of the Utah Jazz teamed with guard John Stockton to form one of the NBA's most legendary duos, will announce his retirement on Sunday, the Jazz said in a news release Friday.

The 41-year-old Malone, who underwent knee surgery last summer, is healthy and works out every day but has not played since last season with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Malone will announce his exit at a news conference at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City.

The Jazz had no comment Friday on the decision by Malone, whose agent said last week it was possible Malone might return to action with San Antonio.
(article)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 773 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:10 pm
I think he made a good choice. I respect Malone, apart from that absurd hobby of driving an 18-wheeler just for drill...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:14 pm
Whew. I thought this was going to be that he died, and I guess I like him more than I thought because in the time this took to load (I'm on dial-up, grrr) my heart was in my throat.

Stockton -> Malone was mighty pretty in its day...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:37 pm
he's alive and well -- riding his hog, lassoing cattle, and partaking in other such mailmanly endeavors, i imagine...
0 Replies