50 Years, MLK, and We Are Losing Ground

oralloy

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 05:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
You couldn't be talking about the same Jews as I.

I am.

edgarblythe wrote:
Good Jews don't shoot down and destroy the helpless.

True. But unfortunately, good Jews are falsely accused of shooting down and destroying the helpless.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 05:19 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Dude, that’s incorrect.
I know Israel’s behavior towards Palestinians is roundly decried by liberals, but don’t equate Israel’s unpopularity with liberal perceptions of individual Jewish folk.

The fact that liberals make their false accusations against "those Jews" as a whole instead of making their false accusations against individual Jews doesn't make the anti-Semitism any less repugnant.
Lash

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 05:25 pm
@oralloy,
I’m a liberal who will take a risk to defend an individual Jewish person.
I also have pretty widespread disagreements with the way Israel conducts itself re Palestinians.

There are a multitude of people like me in this respect.

I think you’re intentionally reaching pretty far to try to land a blow in liberals.

Not connecting.
oralloy

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 05:27 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I also have pretty widespread disagreements with the way Israel conducts itself re Palestinians.

Is there some problem with Jews defending themselves from people who try to murder them?

Lash wrote:
I think you’re intentionally reaching pretty far to try to land a blow in liberals.

No reach. I merely condemn liberals for their actual bad behavior.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 05:32 pm
I have respected and admired many Jews in my lifetime and still do. But the Israeli government is getting to be as bad as the Nazis they suffered from. For years I hesitated to get into this, because I feared Jews on this forum might label me antisemite. But it has progressed so openly and flagrantly that I no longer worry whose toes I step on in this regard. I hope they will understand and not hate me.
Lash

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 05:36 pm
@oralloy,
Oral, you should rethink the veracity of how you frame your statements.

I completely support defense.

Not imprisoning and oppressing a people.
coldjoint

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 05:45 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
oppressing a people.

You have to understand Muslims consider themselves oppressed wherever their faith is not in control. This is no more than Islamics wanting to kill Jews as obligated. Muhammad wants every last Jew dead or subdued.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 06:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I have respected and admired many Jews in my lifetime and still do. But the Israeli government is getting to be as bad as the Nazis they suffered from.

Falsely accusing Jews of being as bad as Nazis is really horrible thing to say.

edgarblythe wrote:
For years I hesitated to get into this, because I feared Jews on this forum might label me antisemite. But it has progressed so openly and flagrantly that I no longer worry whose toes I step on in this regard. I hope they will understand and not hate me.

It is reasonable to label it as anti-Semitism when people falsely accuse Jews of committing horrible crimes.

I'm not a Jew and I certainly won't hate you. But I will always speak out against anti-Semitism.
oralloy

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 06:07 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Oral, you should rethink the veracity of how you frame your statements.

I always shoot for 100% veracity.

Lash wrote:
I completely support defense.

That is all that Israel is doing. They are defending themselves against murderers.

Lash wrote:
Not imprisoning and oppressing a people.

Israel is neither imprisoning nor oppressing a people.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 06:09 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I'm not a Jew and I certainly won't hate you. But I will always speak out against anti-Semitism.

Ditto.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 10:13 am
https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/05/04/us/colorado-state-university-racial-profiling-trnd/index.html

Native American boys are removed from college tour because they made a mom nervous.

I’ve noticed the spate of these stories. Does this mean this crap is happening constantly, and is just now being reported? How the **** is it legal to forcibly remove people from restaurants and college tours and coffee shops with no cause? How the **** is the ACLU not on top of this ****?
coldjoint

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 10:56 am
@Lash,
Quote:
How the **** is the ACLU not on top of this ****?

The ACLU is very selective as to who they defend. It kind of makes them a joke.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 11:27 am
Locally, some black ladies were removed from a wine tour a few years back in the same sort of scenario. I believe it has always gone on and that in the current atmosphere, more often, now that racists feel less pressure to suppress their feelings.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 11:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
now that racists feel less pressure to suppress their feelings.

That is not it. You and others continue to bring race into every issue. People of all colors are sick of it.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 11:58 am
@coldjoint,
Let me know when white people experience the same thing. Meanwhile I will speak out for humanity.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 12:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Let me know when white people experience the same thing.

They are now. And no one speaks for humanity, it speaks for itself.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 12:13 pm
@coldjoint,
Actually, I think they took on a case for some alleged neo-Nazi types (can’t remember the exact nature of the case) a couple of years ago. I don’t applaud that cause, but I do like equal treatment for speech.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 12:17 pm
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/12/16138326/aclu-charlottesville-protests-racism

Excerpt:

The ACLU is defending the protesters’ right to demonstrate at Emancipation Park in Charlottesville at the site of a controversial statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee that is scheduled to be torn down.

The city of Charlottesville had tried to revoke the protest permit of one of the rally organizers, Jason Kessler. But the ACLU, among others, came to his legal defense, arguing in court that the move was trying to unlawfully restrict his free speech.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 12:54 pm
I've never tried to censor free speech, just the oppression many segments of society face year in and year out.
coldjoint

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 01:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
just the oppression many segments of society face year in and year out.

I see. None of that has to do with the lifestyle these groups choose? Or the fact that they choose to push their beliefs down the throats of people who will never agree with them. Plus, want it taught in schools, they want to much, and when they do not get it they call it oppression. It is not oppression it is a fact of life.
0 Replies