Trauma, a real poem from the heart about sexual abuse

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 06:01 pm
Trauma
What is Trauma, but merley an unexpected unforseen case of tumor based drama.

At first it may sting you so wicked like a bee and disappear, though it may stay and stangle your soul with a subconcious fear.

It may lead you to do things that you will later regret, or take you to a different landscape where you find yourself with this inner voice you need to vent or outwardly repent.

For you may hold yourself to blame, what a tyranny or shame.

They say everything happens for a reason, but they forget to mention that some people walk this earth and prey on the human spirit with treason.

How about your soul, are you left with a gaping hole? Or are you able to fly free and let go. (for some it's easier than others)

My point is that for every action science proves there must be an equal and opposite reaction.

I just don't know where everybody lays within this faction.

I have been through hell and back, though you no longer see me running away with my heart and soul along with the rest of my spiritual belongings in a sack.

Instead I have learned to change and grow.

With this newfound knowledge each day another positive brick I stack.

The moral of this story is to try to change and let it all go.

To show you to forget those stones you might wrongly throw, because this I have conquered and learned to know.

This poem is about going through sexual abuse, and recovering. My heart goes out to anyone that has ever been hurt by this kind of abuse, or knows someone that has.

Copyright MellowGemini 2002.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,169 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 06:58 pm
Abuse is a tricky topic. Many avoid it because it makes them feel uncomfortable. My heart goes out to all who have suffered abuses, and they are legion.

I count myself lucky to have had a relatively happy life. The majority of my suffering was caused by my stupidity.
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 10:45 pm
Craven you are right, BUT.......
What you stated above is very true, on the other hand the reason that that is so true is because of the way the persons spirit is stripped away from them, and they are some times left like a dog once healthy getting hit by a car and becoming Deaf/Blind, and Mute in other words he now has to rely on the only remaining senses he/she has to continue on through life. That is why I write thes poems and the book I am working on is because as you say it is a tricky subject. the reason it is a tricky subject is because not enough people care enough about helping these people, and also the ones that do have a way of approaching the person in the wrong manner. I wish to reach out to thes people in attempt to support them where other people rather just turn on the news at night hear about attrocities such as sexual abuse, thus thinking to themselves how bad that is and maybe have a small said moment. Though you see them get back up in the morning and go back to their habit like ritual lifestyle forgetting what they saw on the news or what they felt. Someone needs to be there to point out this,address it and stand up for more action towards proper treatment or someone to talk to that can relate instead of being dissected like a frog.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 03:27 pm
As a once abused child, I can testify that the abused ones quite often do not ever recover. In my case it took me about 50 years to overcome and grow up to my own estimate of what an adult should be.
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2003 08:30 am
THANK YOU MellowGemini, for your sympathetic approach to abused persons.
How could one ever know, when their book of memories does not include this dark page? And most never tell.
The most humiliating, painful aspect of abuse, is- upon sharing your horror with trembling, plaintive notes of hope for empathy and aid-
you realize your listeners are backing away quickly; abhoring you, wanting NEVER to be associated with you again.... (as though you are some filthy rag they want to disappear.)

I appreciate and understand your message of positive rebirth- most certainly, one brick upon one....by the moment.
God Bless you.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 09:25 pm
@jackie,
this strikes a chord with me because almost every female friend i ever had was molested. my mom aunts nephews, homies, girlfriends..

after a while it can be really depressing, i like the message about positive growth...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 09:28 pm
Welcome to A2K, Mg,

You are among friends here...

Abuse is too tricky, but always abominable.

Rock
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 10:39 am
Mellow,

Trauma was beautifully written. I sincerely thank you for sharing that.

I have read your profile. It speaks highly of you.

Though it is not easy to climb out of that pit an abused person gets tossed into.....you seem to have done a wonderful job of getting your true self worth back. We all have to remember that we have a relationship with ourselves, too. Not just the outside world. That relationship can get very distorted after abuse. The rebuilding phase ... long and hard. You seem to have conquered that and conquered it well.

Bless your heart for moving forward in such a commendable manner that makes you strive to help others.
0 Replies

Art -Thor

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 02:52 am
@MellowGemini,
IM lost, I was abused as a child and the shame never went away, my mother always said that god will punish you for your wicked thoughts so I hated god straight away, another shame, this letter is making feel ashamed as I said I am lost I’ve been diagnosed with ADD and started taking Ritalin but I fear its too late I’m 47 now the bad days of alcohol and drug abuse are finally behind me but my past condemns me to a lonely life.
Keep asking questions ,I hope science finds a way to stop mental illness altogether it may just save the world god is not here that’s the reality .
Thor
0 Replies