Mike Logan is Returning to Law & Order

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:13 am
I have been pissed since Chris Noth left Law and Order ten years ago. Now we will have him back, working on L&O Criminal intent, and I am tickled pink.

Quote:
Chris Noth's guest appearance Sunday on ``Law & Order: Criminal Intent'' is the start of something big.
Noth, who left the original ``Law & Order'' 10 years ago, will become a regular on the spinoff beginning next season, series spokeswoman Pam Ruben Golum said Tuesday.

He will split duties with series lead Vincent D'Onofrio, who's continuing as police Detective Robert Goren. Each actor will appear in 11 episodes for the fifth season. The NBC series airs at 9 p.m. Sunday.

Noth's casting will ease the work load for D'Onofrio, who was hospitalized briefly last year for exhaustion.

``Law & Order'' creator and executive producer Dick Wolf called Noth's addition to the show an ``ideal solution.''

Noth, who was Sarah Jessica Parker's love interest, Mr. Big, on HBO's ``Sex and the City,'' will again play police Detective Mike Logan, his character from 1990-95 on ``Law & Order.''

http://www.tampatrib.com/News/MGBZM93J05E.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,324 • Replies: 20
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 02:48 pm
I may just start watching again.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 03:03 pm
Yay! Very Happy
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 06:37 am
ehBeth wrote:

so will I providing that Donofrio plays little or no part in it, his character buried Law and order.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 07:15 am
Don1 wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

so will I providing that Donofrio plays little or no part in it, his character buried Law and order.

I haven't seen him. How come?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 04:21 pm
That's fabulous. I have been angry about the loss of Logan and Schiff. I must say that I do like D'Onofrio, though.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 01:17 am
panzade wrote:
Don1 wrote:
ehBeth wrote:

I haven't seen him. How come?

Law and Order and SVU were realistic, criminal intent isn't, to be as knowledgeable as he is the character Goran would have to have a university degree in around seventy different subjects, as well as his unique telepathic ability.

Goran makes Sherlock Holmes look like a village idiot, for me it spoiled what made L&O and SVU so good - their realism.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 06:47 am
gotya
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 07:42 am
Quote:
Goran makes Sherlock Holmes look like a village idiot, for me it spoiled what made L&O and SVU so good - their realism.

Very true, but for some reason that never bothered me. It WAS a different show from the other L&Os. Somehow, despite his "brilliance, his demeanor reminded me of Peter Falk's"Columbo"!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 09:22 am
I loved Chris Noth in Sex and the City. He was so suave and such a d*ck!

Re: L&O, I miss Jerry Orbach.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 04:45 pm
Swimpy- Funny thing, I did NOT like Chris Noth on Sex and the City, although I only saw the show a few times. There was a sexy innocence about Mike Logan, that, to this old broad, was totally appealing.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 05:41 pm
Hi! I'm new here -- this is my first post and already I'm pleased to have learned something -- that "Mike Logan" is comin back to L&O! Yay! Have always been an on and off kind of fan -- but a fan nonetheless.

But I gotta ask....how could anyone not like Chris Noth on SATC? He was sooo perfect for that character of Mr. Big! (imho)

(Great Ayn Rand quote btw)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:32 am
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but did anyone catch D'Onofrio in "The Thirteenth Floor?" He was pretty good. Not bad in "Full Metal Jacket" either.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:33 am
I've seen D'Onofrio in a number of things. I think that he is a pretty good actor.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:40 am
Well, I watched last night's episode and I was underwhelmed. The script was awful, like they're running out of ideas and Chris Noth...well , they say you can never go home again. D'Onofrio just isn't a good ensemble player here or they're holding him back...I dunno.
In contrast Crossing Jordan followed and alumnus Hennessy was spectacular. Great script, great ensemble acting and Ferrer to anchor the crew. It don't get any better IMO
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:45 am
panzade- I was watching a movie, and I forgot that L&O was on! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:22 am
You didn't miss much. Maybe it'll get better.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 12:40 pm
Vincent D'Onofrio was in a movie I saw recently calledHappy Accidents. He etty good in that because the character was more than a little quirky. I don't really care for L & O Criminal Intent mainly because of him.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 12:56 pm
He played Stuart Smalley's older brother, Donnie, in "Stuart Saves His Family". A very funny movie that no one saw. Well, I did. A product of Al Franken's ever-fertile imagination.
0 Replies

fringey218

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 01:47 pm
I watch SVU and CI. I dont like the first one. They're getting a new one... Trial By Jury... Do you really think they need a fourth one?
0 Replies